Why the Society needs to have an interpretation for every prophecy

by Olin Moyles Ghost 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

When they are short of material, they dig up an old interpretation, dust it off and shine some new light on it.

What else would they fill the millions of books and magazines they have printed, with? It is not just prophecy interpretations that get refurbished and sold as new.

They have the 'new understanding' magic trick on anything from voting or blood policy. Then there is the reinventing their history wheeze in books like The Divine Purpose.

For a group of frustrated old men they are amazing.

• besty
    besty

OMG - that was a great post!!!!

<sorry, been wanting to do that for a while>

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

They have an interpreation for every prophecy because otherwise, people might start thinking. Like MITM said, conformity is one reason. The other is that a spirit-directed organization can't not know. When they are clearly proven wrong or change their idea, it' just "new light".

As sd-7 posted yesterday, his BIL said that older prophecies, etc., that failed to come true were just ways of weeding out the unfaithful. Laughable, we all know.

Not having an answer leads to speculation by the R&F, something we can't have. Speculation from the platform by your CO, DO or Bethel speaker is fine and is to be taken almost as truth because the R&F will take that, beleive it and not speculate themselves.

Speculation leads to research which means using the iinternet which means finding material hasn't been washed clean by the blood of the lamb (WTBS approved). Can't have that, now can we?

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Those interpretations can be proven scriptually without a doubt as being wrong.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Those interpretations can be proven scriptually without a doubt as being wrong.

What??? Next you will be telling me that that assembly in Ohio was NOT the fullfilment of the biblical trumpet blast?

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

What??? Next you will be telling me that that assembly in Ohio was NOT the fullfilment of the biblical trumpet blast?

Depends. Did they server mexican at that assembly?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

To me, they are like one of those grown -ups who cannot admit to a child that he does not know the answer to every question. So whatever is asked he has a go at answering it , thinking "Well, you have to say something"

Actually that line was used by an old elders school instructor who had spent time in Bethel answering letters from people with questions. What he did not know and could not find in research, he admitted he made up something plausible...

As an active Witness I used to wonder at some of the obvious stretches of credulity and wish they would simply say that "We do not know the meaning, yet"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit