Not called the Memorial this year?

by jwfacts 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fluke
    fluke

I dont know if I will go, I would like to talk to some of those in need...

There was a young lady I knew who was unsure of it all... She got married to an aggresive JW... Who shouts at her!!!

I would have loved to marry her instead... But there you are... (she even said after she got married to him, she wishes she didn't.... It might have been wishful thinking, but I thought she was telling me because I was on her wnated list... )

Hmm, would I go to the next one??? Dont know yet... Gotta fool wth them a bit...

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

As of a year ago the term Memorial was an active term. Check out the following Kingdom Ministry.

*** Kingdom Ministry, 2/09 p. 1 Schedule for Week of February 9 ***
    12 min: "Special Campaign to Advertise the Memorial!" Question-and-answer discussion. Distribute a copy of the memorial invitation to everyone in attendance and review its contents. Demonstrate how the invitation might be offered.

Len

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks for checking that Fatfreak, I can't access my CD at work any more, new security level.

*** w00 4/1 p. 32 A Special Occasion—Will You Be There? ***This year the anniversary of Jesus’ death falls on Wednesday, April 19, after sunset. Jehovah’s Witnesses around the world will gather on this special night to observe this Memorial in the manner Jesus requested.

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

Wow, what a bunch of Bloody Freaks the GB are!

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I see a very BIG distinction in those terms!

"Memorial" is a somber, pensive occassion of remembering and reflecting on someone who has passed and what they meant to you.

"Anniversary" is a celebration.

Why is this a big deal? Because it makes the ritual more like the Gauls who celebrated the victory of those whom they slaughtered by beheading them and drinking the blood from their skulls.

This is a step closer in revealing who WT is really affiliated with.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Rubbish, Cameo.

What do the Gauls have to do with it? Gauls weren't even invented then.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

Quit nit-picking and JUST GO!

Judge Dread

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Thanks for all the interesting comments.

50 labels give the time and place, they are for the left hand side, the other 50 are for a special talk which have to be put on the right hand side.

You guys in the UK are a bit behind the times. On my Australian invitation the address is printed on. I can't tell if this was done by bethel or some eager brother in the congregation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit