Hypnotic Language Patterning

by Simon Morley 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• only me
    only me

Sorry, don't know what happened.

• parakeet
    parakeet

"... the use of blood transfusions is a matter of conscience ... Jehovah's Witnesses are the happiest people on earth ... Armageddon is just around the corner ... the WTS is only spirit-directed ... let your doubts wait on Jehovah ... the use of blood transfusions is a matter of conscience ... Jehovah's Witnesses are the happiest people on earth ... Armageddon is just around the corner ... the WTS is only spirit-directed ... let your doubts wait on Jehovah ... the use of blood transfusions is a matter of conscience ... Jehovah's Witnesses are the happiest people on earth ... Armageddon is just around the corner ... the WTS is only spirit-directed ... let your doubts wait on Jehovah ... "

"Now dubbies, when you wake and anyone says 'Jehovah,' flap your arms and cluck like a chicken."

• superpunk
    superpunk

I think this may be an unintentional consequence of two things;

Watchtower literature is written by the uneducated, for the uneducated. If they put anything remotely thought provoking in there people become frustrated because it's "over their head". The literature is meant to be read and understood by people with naught more than a gradeschool education. So why did we feel zombie-like? Our minds weren't challenged.

The Church has had vast resources, and paid some amazing musicians, to write music for them. For a long time, if you wanted to make money, the only thing you could write about or depict in art was religious crap - because the church and the King were the only ones buying. The WTS doesn't have those kinds of resources, so their songs sound like something a 6th grader with a keyboard might come up with.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

As for the writting they do use some clever sails jargon in it. Its like they are told words or phrases to use and have to structure the info with those words or phrases in mind.

An example when they have articles with phrases like 'any honest hearted person would have to agree...'that phrase is whats called a weasel phrase in NLP. it presupposes that the audience or listener will take your side. Everyone likes to think of themselves as an 'honest hearted person' so based on this presupposition what follows the audience or listener must accept because they consider themselves honest hearted.

Weasel phrases may sound weird or funny in normal reading (thus the belief WT lit is poorly written) but when you factor in the NLP aspect of the words and combine that with the formal group hypnosis settup of the meetings, that makes for a powerfull conditioning program.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Marking for a future read... Zid

• freewilly01
    freewilly01

I posted on the cultish tone the GB have, I do think it is possible that it is used as a tool to manipulate minds. I would never put it past them ever money is a great motivator for evil.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Darthy Frosty,

I am particularly struck by how Rutherford purportedly studied hypnosis methods and devised a meeting format that incorporated this. So, HE imposed hypnosis (which they like to say is 'demonic') on the unsuspecting people. This is EVIL. I, however, always suspected there was a bit of hypnosis there. How many times was I zoning in and out on a Thursday evening? It wasn't just physical tiredness, it was the program which induced this feeling.

Happily, they didn't succeed in robbing me of all my thinking ability.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit