Letter to London Bethel

by Hobo Ken 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

This post links to the letter I sent to the London bethel following my Judicial appeal decision.

This follows my series of podcasts recording the actions of the Elders in my local area.

Letter to London bethel

Please read the letter and judge whether these men acted fairly and in a just manner.

Matt

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

You want I shoud come with and bring my freinds..smith & wesson..

• dissed
    dissed

JC....fair, just?

That's easy.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

There's nothing like a good witch hunt, eh Matt? I swear some of these people would have been right at home in Salem back in the good old days when they could happily hang people for nothing more than a couple of unfounded accusations.

• besty
    besty

did they reply? or did they behave like a cult and blank you.

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

You've stated your case well. Not sure how these things will work but surely anyone reading it will have little choice but to investigate or review the evidence? Despite the clear mishandling of the case it may still boil down to how they consider your motives for your beliefs - that of apostasy or just someone who will wait faithfully on Jah to see if he will shed new light on the matter. The elders involved will do anything to cover their own backsides - I'd expect them to lie, but might be hard to change their story from the evidence they've already submitted.

May I respectfully ask if there is an outcome you actually want from this? Clearly being DF'd as a result of false witness is just a shocking injustice, but do you want to remain in, clear your name, take down a few dodgy elders in the process or prove these aren't decisions influenced by holy spirit?

Hope you get a response. Hope you get a result.

MMXIV

• xbro
    xbro

mate you wasted your time! they wont even read your letter now your an appostate!

"get out of her" could well mean the jw's getting out of their cult.

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

Quirky:- Lol I like. now that would have been payback!

Dissed:- I speak from a certain perpective of course. Not only do they not have the right to judge anyone but their whole concept of "theocratic justice" is deeply flawed. Would any God ask men to do his judging for him within a religious entity like JWs ? I doubt it very much.

Poopsiecakes:- Absolutely a witch hunt from start to finish. Good call.

Besty:- Paul I'm sure you know they would never reply in letter form as this links the branch to the action against an individual and therefore invites possible litigation. However a few weeks later a recieved a phone call at home from Martin Benzie who stated in about a 30 second sentence "that the case against me and the letter I had sent had been reviewed and there would be no intervention from the Branch elders." So the decision stood. Couldn't care less anyway they are a very sorry bunch of misled people.

MMXIV :- This letter was not really an attempt to remain in the sect, more just playing out the final act of the saga to show that their methods behaviour and organisation are deeply flawed and have little to do with either being a Christian or adhering to the Bible.

Perhaps some of those involved including those who read the letter will have a troubled conscience because of what they read? Who knows?

In any case to answer your questions I do not believe that any supreme being would have anything to do with a washed up publishing company who cannot even have a clear set of beliefs, so any mention of the Holy Spirit in connection with the Wtbs is not possible in my view.

I was disfellowshipped almost a year ago, and I will never be connected in any way with this group of people again.

Xbro:- They did read it. And a number of local elders too as I gave out a few copies.

As for "get out of her" I don't really believe anyone has the full understanding of the Bible so not much point in trying to second guess ourselves.

If Jesus shows up anytime in the future and explains what's going on then I'm sure we'd all have to listen. Until then I'm just Getting on with rebuilding my life.

Matt.

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

bttt

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

What a circus they run...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit