Has anyone read The Shack by William Young?

by awildflower 27 Replies latest jw friends

• awildflower
    awildflower

My mother called today said I must, must, must go get this book and read it. I see it every time I go to the book store but thought it had something to do with religion so I didn't want it. She said it's NOTHING like that and I have to get it. I'm going to get it on Friday and read it this weekend just wondered if anyone else had read it.

• llbh
    llbh

I am halfway through it and enjoying it.

David

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

I have it sitting on my shelf, just haven't been compelled to crack it open. I think I will now...thanks WF!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Well, it is CLEARLY about religion. Or at least about the Christian God. Unless there are two books by that name, I don't recall the author's name.

I read it with great interest when I thought I wanted Christianity to be a part of my life. It is a compelling read, if you like fantasy meetings with God.

Jeff

• dissed
  • JustWantTruth
    JustWantTruth

I have not read it yet, but I hear it is really good but the author takes liberties by putting God in like a humanistic form, or so that's what I hear. Two ladies at work could not put it down, they are Christians so Im thinking it is written from a Christian perspective.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I read the preview, it is a fantasy story?
    A letter from God in his mailbox?

Awildflower is your Mom a JW?

I can't see her reading a book like that if she is.

I hope it had a happy ending!

Snoozy

• awildflower
    awildflower

Interesting. No my mom's not a jw. She said you think it's about religion but it's not. She said it's very interesting. Her and I are both into books about enlightenment so this would have to be striking that kind of cord with her for her to suggest it. We read a TON of books, so it must be something like we read.

Thanks for the comments, I'm intrigued.

• mama1119
    mama1119

Its not about religion, its about spirituality. its very very good. But, read carefully, it has alot of metaphors. Beautiful book.

• Gregor
    Gregor

I skimmed it before I got the joke. I hate sappy-ass books like this. It went out on the next trash pick up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit