"Worlds Apart" On SUNDANCE Channel in two hours!!!

by ziddina 24 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

For those of you who haven't yet caught this movie or purchased a copy; "Worlds Apart", about a young Swedish (?) Jehovah's Witness girl who is disfellowshipped and subjected to shunning, starts at 8:30 P.M. Eastern Standard Time on the SUNDANCE Channel... [6:30 P.M. Mountain Standard - Rocky MOuntain time...]

If you have cable that includes the Sundance Channel, you might be able to catch this movie - tell us what you think of it in the other thread titled "Worlds Apart" reviewed by an X-JW" that you can also find in the recent 'active' listing...

Happy viewing! Zid

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Wow... thanks for the heads-up, Ziddy!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Yer welcome, Baba!

• JustWantTruth
    JustWantTruth

It came on at 5:30 my time. Im on the east coast. I missed the begining but it was really good. But what was up with the beard???

• ziddina
    ziddina

Rats! 5:30??? It won't start here until 6:30 and we're two hours behind the East Coast; Wonder if it's showing again at 8:30??? Since it's shown twice in less than a week, maybe it'll show several more times in the next week or so

About the beard - someone posted on-board that they're less stringent about beards on European brothers, but I couldn't find that reference again if my life depended on it... Zid

• JustWantTruth
    JustWantTruth

According to the Sundance website the next showings will be:

Sunday March 21 at 3PM Wednesday March 24 at 7:15AM Wednesday March 24 at 12:30PM
  • JustWantTruth
    JustWantTruth

Wow I never know they were allowed in any other countries especially European but that is very interesting to know. Everytime I saw that it kinda threw me off. There was some other things, like elders not being dressed up in a JC that I know for sure we would never see here in America. But overall they were pretty much on point. Very relatable!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hey, thanks for posting those additional viewing times, JustWantTruth! Is that Eastern Standard time???

I'm watching the movie right now; it's at the "Elder's Committee Meeting" right now, with the poor little seventeen-year-old girl all alone telling ALL about what happened when she was forced to stay over at her boyfriend's house 'cause she missed the train... I totally agree with the poster who stated that LEGALLY no minor can be questioned - EVEN by the police, EVEN in cases of murder - without one or both parents present, and hopefully a lawyer... I'd REALLY like to see child-advocate lawyers present in "Elder Committee" meetings involving minors!!! Zid

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Thank you. My DVR is set to record it on Sunday.

• poppers
    poppers

Marked

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit