Would You Buy A Toyota?

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• spawn
    spawn

better than any Yank car on the market

• blondie
    blondie

I wonder how many who have answered here would have bought a Toyota anyway before all this? Would skew things.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    I wonder how many who have answered here would have bought a Toyota anyway before all this? Would skew things.

OK, I admit it. I would never have bought one in the first place!

• undercover
    undercover
    I wonder how many who have answered here would have bought a Toyota anyway before all this?

I've never considered Toyota before. I prefer Honda/Acura... so their current problem doesn't skew my decision as to what I'd buy. Actually, I take that back... if their prices were to really tumble, I might consider buying one. They're dependable cars and if you can get one for a steal, why not?

• minimus
    minimus

Plus they're fast cars, real fast cars!!

I prefer Hondas too but I have nothing against Toyotas. They've been a great car for years.

• Growingup
    Growingup

I'd buy one for my ex.

• wobble
    wobble

I would by a real ota.

• Rethinking
    Rethinking

While I do believe that there is a problem with Toyota vehicles right now, I feel that a few accidents were/are caused by other factors and just blamed on the accelerator/ floor mats. For example, yesterday one of my local news channels reported that a woman drove into a food establishment while in the parking lot attempting to avoid a robbery. I noticed the picture showed a Toyota Solara smashed into the building and thought it was interesting that it was not (said that it was) the pedal issue this time. Lo' and behold, this morning they reported the same story (as they usually repeat stories), but prefaced it by saying "And yet another accident caused by a defective Toyota pedal ..." with the same picture and description of the location mentioned the day before! Well, which is it? Was the woman trying to escape or was it the car that caused her to crash into a restaurant? Sensationalism? Still, my brother is looking for a truck right now and although, I am driving my second Toyota (a Matrix), I told him that it would be irresponsible of me to recommend a Toyota right now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit