VIDEO - Russia JW Convention in Russia Disrupted and Canceled

by Albert Einstein 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
    Gayle

I am for exposure of the Watchtower, not the banning. Why not have sizable articles in the big newspapers or television documentaries on the exposure of the JW blood issue, the history changes of it in time and how many JWs and their children are faced with the blood issue and die. Or, another program segment about their shunning, having ex-JWs with their experiences. OR, the JW history and doctrinal flip-flops and date changes. Or, maybe governmental signs in front of the Kingdom Halls and assemblies, (like on the package of cigarettes) "Enter, but be aware of the Watchtower demands and risks of your LIFE, your family dividing, education denied or limited and having no retirement package!!" (with skull signs)

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The JW's have culpability in this as well.

You can't actively proselitize and say the Govt is from Satan and soon will be destroyed by God and then claim, "but we are neutral" and expect them not to do something.

I have to agree with that.

If they ban JWs, who is next?

I know the general thought here:
    First they came for the communists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a communist;
    Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a trade unionist;
    Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Jew;
    Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak out for me.

But this is not the case. Government is expected to be responsible and protect the safety of the citizens all the time. They insist on building codes and business licenses, they inspect food and drugs, etc. etc. etc. They didn't just take the rights of a group away. They carefully looked into this group and found them a hazard.

I understand why many are against bans like this, but I am for government banning dangerous things. I support it. Look at it this way:
    The JW's would not speak out for former JW's for their freedom, nor would they speak out for the communists, trade unionists, Jews, or just about any other group, particularly another religious group.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit