Scientology Down to 25,000 Members?

by cameo-d 23 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Besides, I have seen too many palatial estates owned by Scientology to believe there are only 25,000 members.

So, (based on that scientific method), how many do you think there are?

• besty
    besty

well each palatial estate needs lots of members, or maybe just one rich one.....hmmmm difficult to say how many members = 1 Bethel.

• JWoods
    JWoods

The Scientologists have a much more effective system for extracting many dollars from each prospect. (than the JWs) They also get a lot of money from their rehab programs.

The fact that they are so secretive about their numbers and that numerous surveys indicate that they are really much smaller than they pretend leads me to believe that they really have less than 50,000 or so real followers, maybe only the 25,000 mentioned by the reference in this thread.

• bulgogiboy
    bulgogiboy

Just watched the msnbc video about the defector. She says : "You're there to make a difference and to help people, and the people there themselves aren't happy". This was one of the main reasons I didn't like going out on field service. How can you encourage other people to leave believe in something which makes you yourself so intensely unhappy?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit