7.3 Million Regular Pioneers

by 5thGeneration 20 Replies latest jw friends

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

If all JWs truly believed 100%, wouldn't every single one be pioneering?

5th

P.S. Can you tell I'm bored today?

• chickpea
    chickpea

good point....

if the big A is so close ya can't even see it
    then why spend another moment working
    paying taxes sending your kids to school
    in a system that is so dead it just needs
    someone to tell it to lie down and be still??

great point!

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

It's like a glacier, it's so big and so close, but even if it's only 10 feet away, it still might take 100 years to get here.

Actually, that's a pretty apt description of the situation, cold, slow and thick.

• chigaimasmaro
    chigaimasmaro

In my opinion if what the witnesses said were true, then catholicism would be much smaller than it is today and the witnesses would be larger than 7.3 million people.... all of whom were pioneering and conducting 4 or 5 studies each.... but unfortunately... its not true.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

A higher percentage of JWs now pioneer than have ever done so in the past.

• darthfader
    darthfader

Regular Pioneer: Someone who explores new territory and gets their daily dose of fiber...

I need a little spiritual exlax, for I am irregular in the field service!

Darth Fader.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

They could all afford to pioneer by living in a huge commune or compound and taking turns mixing the Kool Aid while others are at the airport selling flowers and Watchtowers.

Kidding aside, it's a very valid point. The WTS should also spend all the money on new technology and do a total blitz campaign to recruit people. They could run commercials during the Superbowl and proclaim how they can send free literature to your door along with two of their automotons members to help you see the nulite.

• JWoods
    JWoods

It is likely also true that a higher percentage of JWs now really have no opportunity for a full time secular job than ever in the past. I do not believe that there is any particular heightened sense of "pioneering urgency" now.

• sir82
    sir82

In no small part due to the relaxed requirements.

-- 840 hours per year instead of 1200 or 1000

-- In years past, pioneers had to explain in detail if they did not meet the monthly goal - no longer needed

-- In years past, failure to meet the annual goal would result in termination of pioneer status - no longer the case. In fact, most pioneers in our congregation miss the hour goal. Unless they miss it by a huge amount, it's no big deal.

-- In years past, the Society had to approve pioneer applications - now it is done at the congregation service committee level

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    In no small part due to the relaxed requirements.

I believe the hour requirements were last changed over a decade ago. The percentage of pioneers has increased significantly since then also.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit