New Here

by CuriousButterfly 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
    Gayle

Hello Curious,,you obviously, have an ability to think on your own and do not live in fear and accept the questionable concerns of men in "positions" of the organization.

The WTS college issue is rightfully a big concern, especially their flip-flop on it and their double standard of it. At the Headquarters, they have plenty of college-degreed JW professionals they sweep up and grab: lawyers, doctors, nurses, computer-techs, dentists, chiropractors, eye doctors etc. Those individuals quickly are welcomed into the inner circle there. I was at Bethel in the early '70s and that was clear.

I was denied back in the mid-60s by organization teaching to take a scholarship. Went pioneering instead, and to Bethel.. Have left the organization (mid-80s) and encouraged strongly to my 5 kids (none baptized) to go to college and they have all completed. The WT didn't get any of them, nor their 10 cousins. We now have quite a clan of ex-JWs.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome!

• grewupjw1969
    grewupjw1969

Welcome Butterfly....

I too was raised a JW and my Dad is still currently an Elder. I'm also 40 too ( no we're not old). I understand how you feel. I was never baptized

but all of my family with the exception of a couple cousins are active JW's. When my eyes were opened I could not believe all the lies I had been fed growing up. Things I never questioned. I never attended college until now because although not baptized I was holding on to the idea that if I got baptized I would finally have the love I wanted. Well I soon learned that it was not God's organziation. Im glad that I see more clearly now.

Grewup

• goldensky
    goldensky

Welcome, CuriousButterfly! We are glad to have you here. You are brave. I'm looking forward to future posts from you.

• yknot
    yknot

I am so happy you feel comfortable enough to finally post (hugh step there)!

As you know already from lurking you are not totally alone on this journey!

Your hubby sounds like a rare gem these days in a sea of 'company men'.......

Baby-steps help us to 'make sure all things'

So how do you feel about the Emperor's New Generation or the Misquoting the title of 'Millions'?

I can't wait to read more of you comments! .....

Just so happy you are officially 'here'!

• cry
    cry

Welcome to you Curiousbutterfly. You obviously are not rushing into anything and doing things at your own pace, good for you. Hope to hear more about you in future posts.

• doublelife
    doublelife

Welcome!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Nice to have you aboard Butterfly!!! Glad you are curious
    I am the Granny on board .This is my family now as the WT
    has told my daughter & grand child I am evil Because I cant
    believe Jesus came invisably in 1914.....So I have adopted all
    the folks on here...But I must warn you...Those who are naughty
    I send to their room

Enjoy our fun ((((((((HUG))))

Mouthy/Granny/Grace Gough

• wobble
    wobble

Welcome !!!!

but beware, Granny (Mouthy) doesn't just send us to our rooms, we have to go WITHOUT our crayons !

Love

Wobble

• mouthy
    mouthy

ONLY THE RED ONES,,,,,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit