canada's "zone visit"

by agent zero 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Heaven
    Heaven

Oooooh... ok. See, I was thinking that it's called a "zone visit" because everyone at the meeting "zones out".

• Gayle
    Gayle

Okay, so the CO, DO, or ZO, can just conveniently be some where not much out of their way, while everyone else on their Saturday Night has to scramble to other meeting places to listen to a "phone call" of nothing new. Nice ~

• dissed
    dissed

They must have needed some money, so therefor, ........a Zone visit!!!!

Knorr used to come to LA to give special talks at statdiums where he would give 'Reports from the preaching works' followed by WE NEED MONEY to build or buy something. The JW's would give plenty.

For a new one like me it was exciting at first to have a GB come, just for us?! Then it would become old hat, as we knew it was, 'they must need money'

And really nothing wrong with asking, but they would do their best to play on emotions. Yet they condemned TV preachers for doing just that.

• designs
    designs

dissed,

Good observation, they were televangelists without the TV....well maybe closed circuit

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

To JWS the cross looks like this $

• hoser
    hoser

THIS NEVER HAPPENED IN CANADA LAST NIGHT!

If you attended an event like this and were told it was all across Canada you were lied to it did not happen in our circuit.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Sounds exquisitely titillating!

So sad I missed it!

• yknot
    yknot

Well March is Canada's season for such....... and since the Memorial is on the 30th having it earlier makes a lot of sense.

Sounds to me like they only rehashed what has been in the works since 2007/08...

Thanks for sharing and taking one for the team!

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Hoser,

I concur. Nothing like that happened at all in the congregations here in my city (located in the Golden Horseshoe, Ontario, Canada). Also some jws from nearby cities who'll still ackowledge me, didnt mention such an event. Wouldn't that have been so encouraging?

Last week, the congregation I'm stuck in had a visiting Bethel speaker on the Saturday night, who according to my dub father, gave a little talk that mostly covered the changes at the branch including the new presses and all the work thats going into that. Definitely not anything from the Zone Overseer though.

• agent zero
    agent zero
    THIS NEVER HAPPENED IN CANADA LAST NIGHT!
    If you attended an event like this and were told it was all across Canada you were lied to it did not happen in our circuit.

hoser, where is your circuit? i guess it's possible that not ALL circuits were included, but they kept repeating that those listening were ranging from vancouver island to newfoundland. they specifically mentioned alot of cities by name, and i can't think of any significantly sized ones that weren't included.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit