Going to skip this years Memorial for the first time.

by Beta Male 17 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

The last memorial I went to was in 1990- I stood out front at the KH driveway with a sign ( forget what it said now) and handed out flyers to the visitors. The police were called and they just told me to stay away from the cars entering and leaving- they didn't want anyone (me) to be hurt. It sure cast a pall over their already depressing event.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

I go w/my parents,Just my mum this year.Its usually pretty short and if you get a little baked before you go,It can be kinda fun actually.I get stared at a lot,which I sorta like now.I give everyone a huge smile and leave before the last prayer is done.Not too much effort for me and it makes my mum happy.What the heck,why not...

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Try to get your family out before you ID yourself as APOSTATE

Cheers

Chris

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The only way you should go is if your family is absolutely counting on you to go, and will make a big deal out of it if you don't. Otherwise, you have several options.

First, not going. I did that for the firs time in 2006. Jehovah got a bonus slap in His face: Not only I blew off His REJECT Jesus Party, but I went out and bought a Ouija board that day.

You could also go to regular church. Doing this on Easter, or Good Friday, depending on when they do it, will serve the same purpose. You will be able to actually partake of the emblems.

Or, you could just do it in a small group. The object is that everyone should be able to witness whether or not you partake, and that cannot happen in the Kingdumb Hell. I recommend doing this as a family unit, or with a maximum of around 12 at your gathering (not an absolute maximum, but once you pass about 12, it becomes more difficult for everyone to observe whether everyone else partakes or not).

• skywho
    skywho

above all keep peace in your house. if you point things out to your wife just right she will listen. it suck where you are in the situation 'cause its like you are damned if you do, your damned if you don't. i hope everything works out of the best! *HUGS*

this is my 1st year not going.

• Beta Male
    Beta Male

I think im going to pretend it doesnt exist as a ceremony. i dont think i can stomach pretending to be beholden to them in any way at all. thank you for your replies.

• Titus
    Titus

Go and drunk them all wine.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Blow it.

It's going to happen sooner than later, so just do it.

Damn, I feel sorry for you guys who fade and get love bombed. I'd try to keep those visits very brief, like five minutes and have an appointment, if possible. Your dubbie 'friends' are going to have to get used to the fact that you now kill babies, drink blood, and are helplessly addicted to heroin. Or whatever psychosis they believe at the time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit