JW's and "free" literature...

by Andyman 11 Replies latest jw friends

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

As far as I know, all congregations (if there is more than one congregation at a Kingdom Hall, each congregation must do this separately)must make a big deposit to the Society. If they can't raise the cash (sometimes in the low thousands) then the Society makes the congregation a 'loan' which they must pay back. If the congregation is paying off a KH mortgage, it is tacked on to that.

We have suddenly in the last few months had shortfalls in our contributions, which have been made up for from the congregation bank account, but that is dwindling down also. We have also lost a bunch of publishers. This is happening throughout my whole community. The timing suggests that it is related to the UN issue, but I haven't been able to find out any more. JW's are just friggin' VANISHING from around here (as I will be doing soon.) Some other strange things..the same people keep getting up on the platform to give the talks and other parts...over and over. And also, lots of publishers are only there on days when they or a family member have a part.

I can't wait to see what the results of the new subscription policy will be. What I've been hearing so far, is that the Witnesses were tired of the door-to-door work in general, but are happy to have a REASON to go to a door now. (mags).

Toodles

In 1975 a crack team of publishers was sentenced to death by a judicial commiteee. They promptly escaped from the cult and now live life on the run. If you have a problem ... and if you can find them ... maybe you can contact the A--postate Team"

• Skeptic
    Skeptic

TheOldHippie,

Skeptic is right, apart from the fact that CD-Roms can also be ordered readily.
    I did not make myself clear. I agree, CD-Roms can be ordered freely, as long as they will not ultimately be given to a non-JW (Bible studies will probably be allowed to get them).

I have never had trouble getting a CD-Rom for personal use when I was an active Witness. Nor was I ever asked for money for it.

The only time I was not allowed to order a CD-Rom was when I ordered it for the cong's library. This is the personal decision of the elder in charge of the library. I do not think there is a rule about this.

The only time I ever had trouble getting a CD-Rom is when I ask a JW to get me one. A sister sold me an old one, but then later asked for it back as "I found out they are for Jehovah's Witnesses only."

Although I am still officially a Witness, I do not present myself as such because my lifestyle and beliefs are not those of a JW.

Richard

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit