Do "Thousands of JWs die each year" because they refuse blood? I say YES!

by AndersonsInfo 71 Replies latest watchtower medical

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Wild speculations from Shilmer and the Andersons.

• Mary
    Mary
    Rabbit said: she said, "The WT's ORIGINAL teaching on blood is the correct one!"

Rabbit, you should point out to your daughter that up until 1952, the Society taught that accepting a blood transfusion was a conscious matter and most certainly NOT a disfellowshipping offense. I'm guessing that 95% of present day Witnesses are not aware of this. Since that was their "original teaching", would she still say that it was the "correct one"?

Betsy said: I wonder about the ongoing guilt of those that secretly take blood or banned fractions - do they feel indefinitely condemned? Or do they confess at a later date for a private dispensation from the clergy elders?

Seeing this very situation happen before my very eyes, I can tell you the answer is: Yes. My sister feels horribly guilty that they took BT's because in her words "he died anyway" and she feels that this was probably a test from Jehovah and that they "failed miserably". She is now terrified that she'll be murdered at Armageddon for disobeying the WTS and that my b-i-l will not get a resurrection. So in addition to her grieving the horrific loss of the love of her life, she is also made to feel guilty and worthy of death because they did what any human being would do: they tried to save his life. Can you imagine Jesus actually condemning someone to eternal death for simply trying to save a loved one's life?

Even though I have tried talking to her over and over again about this to show that their reasoning on BT's is bullshit, we all know only too well the enormous influence this f*cking cult has over its members. I've explained to her that Jesus put a human's life above any law and the fact that the WTS puts their man-made laws above a person's life makes THEM the ones who should feel guilty---not her. I've explained that no Jew today views the dietary laws in the bible as having anything to do with blood transfusions and that this was the invention of Freddie Franz and Nathan Knorr. I also asked her why Jehovah allowed the Israelites to sell unbled meat to foreigners if the "no eating blood" was binding on ALL mankind. She wasn't even aware of this. Neither was I until Lady Liberty did that post on it a few years ago.

Despite everything I've said, my sister still feels horribly guilty and thinks she needs to talk to someone about it. Apparently I'm too "anti-Truth" for her to feel comforted. However, I've warned her that if she tells anyone----even her closest friends at the Hall about it, they will turn her in. If they didn't, they would feel that they were jeapordizing their own 'eternal salvation'. Even if she didn't get DF'd, everyone would find out about it and would certainly treat her differently. Any support she has now would vanish like an icicle on a hot stove.

Truly a horrifying situation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit