Do "Thousands of JWs die each year" because they refuse blood? I say YES!

by AndersonsInfo 71 Replies latest watchtower medical

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Its certainly good information for the general public and JWS to be aware of.

They might hear of one particular case that hits the media, but there are many others that don't,

my mother's for example. Men playing god and thousands dieing from it, now thats what I call

a great human tragedy.

Cheers Barbara

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

Years ago a co-worker got onto me about the blood policy, and I started in with my rehearsed defense mentioning the advances in medical technology that made bloodless surgery widely available, etc. He stopped me mid-sentence and asked a question I hadn't spent any time considering: "But what about all the Witnesses who live outside the US? They don't have access to the advanced technologies and bloodless medical centers you're describing."

He was right. Some 80% of JWs live outside the US and it's probably fair to say that over half live in poor nations. All the tripe they print about advanced technologies are out of reach for your run of the mill JW.

• Scott77
    Scott77

This is a wonderful , insightful and very informative discussion threat. Barbara, thank you. Hmmm..., by the way, cannot we also ask WTS to clarify whether the bible's alleged forbidding of blood also include exception for accepting part of it, that'fraction' based on conscience? I believe there are more questions than answer.

Scott77

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

If there is New Light on blood, Bethel needs to make it known to all congregations as quickly as possible.

To bring it out slowly, including waiting until this summer, could make the Watchtower liable both in a criminal court (negligent manslaughter) and civil court (breach of duty). If the policy has officially changed, then Bethel needs to spend a week, e-mailing, letter announcing, etc. to the congregations. Any misinformed JW's death would be on the hands of the Watchtower.

Skeeter

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

If there is New Light on blood, Bethel needs to make it known to all congregations as quickly as possible.

It wont happen and will most likely never happen, for those reasons I mentioned previously.

This is one doctrinal law that the WTS. cant let go of and present New Light for its a issue of legality.

• metatron
    metatron

My hopes are with you guys but................ as some of us cynics know only too well, what the Writing Staff says is often irrelevant. They don't hold the cards.

There are many examples of clear, well-thought out positions determined by the Writing Staff in the past - that went nowhere because their 'new light' threatened the power-greedy Governing Body. Blood may go the same way, regardless of death and suffering.

On the other hand, you could make a good argument that the Frauds at the Top are beginning to feel the heat on the blood issue coming from Europe and especially Russia. Property - and its potential loss have always counted for a lot in this organization.

metatron

• metatron
    metatron

Oh, and a quick follow up........ If Barb or somebody else can put together solid stats n' studies on blood, it could go a long way into feeding the fire that the Watchtower is beginning to feel in Russia. Ya never know what might come of it.

That's the most likely route to change as I doubt if they care a whit about dying children or anyone else. Heck, they've already tried to shield child molesters for their purposes and I don't think you can get much lower than that.

metatron

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Attention all Jehovah’s Witnesses. I just heard from a very reliable source that a brother in the Writing Dept say’s there will be new light on the blood issue published this summer. He hinted around to the fact that it will now be a conscience matter.

Is that above statement is correct I will hit the roof!

• Quillsky
    Quillsky
    Please don't create a red herring about the risks of taking blood - this is not the argument here.

Thanks Besty, I'd like to second that.

Please note this, all apologists.....

1. The official Society publications have never claimed that they don't accept blood because of the risks or dangers. EVER.

Some publications have mentioned risks in their commentary, but never as a reason for the ban. The reason is always the animal blood law to the Jews and then the apparent confirmation in the post-Christ scriptures.

2. An objective medical observation is that the lifespan advantages of being a recipient of current transfusion methodologies FAR outweigh the lifespan risks or dangers of diseases transported by blood.

Hence pulling out the "risk" argument....

Firstly doesn't even support the Society's stance on, or reason for, the ban on transfusions, and...

Secondly is false from a medical perspective.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit