Oh No! The smurfs are coming!

by littlebird 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• littlebird
    littlebird

I wonder how many new stories of smurf's running in the kingdom hall will be stirred up. Maybe an actual smurf possession, lol!

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=486273>1=28101

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

From the link: Neil Patrick Harris to star in Smurfs movie March 4, 2010, 5:49 PM EST

WENN -- Neil Patrick Harris is set to lead The Smurfs into Hollywood -- he's confirmed that he's been cast in a big screen adaptation of the popular 1980s cartoon.

The "How I Met Your Mother" star will tackle the lead role in the movie, which will be a mixture of live action and animation, according to Deadline Hollywood.

"Scooby-Doo" filmmaker Raja Gosnell has signed on to direct "Smurfs: The Movie" and filming is slated to begin in April, when Harris takes a hiatus from his role in the hit TV show.

"I'll do my smurfiest to represent well," the 36-year-old actor wrote on twitter. "Smurfs are rad."

I hope people start talking with the word "smurfy" in their convo. I bet they recycle the Smurf legends.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Surely the dubs have bigger fish to fry now days!

• littlebird
    littlebird

Thanks OTWO. Cantleave- hope you're right, but theres always some old die hard that will whip out a 20yr or so old magazine or have some old recording from an assembly to put fear in the kids heads. Too bad, I thought they were cute, but I was like 12 at the time.

• cantleave
    cantleave

In the UK, there was never any controversy about them, they were just an advertising campaign for elf petrol.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Well I guess we're used to blue synthespians by now, so why not many them three apples high?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit