I Attended the Memorial Last Year Disfellowshipped and Partook

by Clint Bussey 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Clint Bussey
    Clint Bussey

Check out my video about why I did it and what the response was by the elder who handed me the emblems that night.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

where is your video?

• JWoods
    JWoods

What possible good does this kind of thing do?

I cannot see that it helps either you or anyone who saw this at that KH.

• awildflower
    awildflower

Was the wine good?? Can't see your video link.

• blondie
    blondie

Why not attend a church that presents the bread and wine in a way and time you agree with? I had a non-jw family member invade a KH in the locality and made a scene....they belonged to a local independent religious group and thought they were making a respectful comment....jws in the area still point to it as proof they are jws are the true religion....30 years later.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Great video.

Thanks.

Rub a Dub

• yknot
    yknot

http://www.youtube.com/user/beforethesolstice#p/u/0/F9U1A6BFFBA

Here is the video link......

off to watch it...

• yknot
    yknot

I think those who are in the conditioned of being shunned might find the Memorial more receptive to such tatics as all 'loyal' Elders are hoping for a grand attendance to report.

BTW: Martin Luther died of natural causes.

The lack of partaking was just a legalistic patch by Rutherford to keep the number from reaching 144,000 in his time....

As of 2007 claiming to be 'anointed' is no big deal or threat to the WTS because 'whether anointed or other sheep, work hard at preaching the good news and making diciples under the direction of the GB--Mar 1, 2007 QFR' and thus has given way to the phrase "The faithful slave class and its Governing Body" or "the faithful and discreet slave and its representative Governing Body"

• Titus
    Titus

I am fellowshipped, and I shall also partake this year! Nice to meet you, CB. Cheers!

• blondie
    blondie

btw, from 1935 to 1938 the "other sheep" were not invited to the Memorial even to observe.

*** w95 7/1 p. 15 par. 5 "The Israel of God" and the "Great Crowd" ***In 1935 they were identified with the "great crowd" of Revelation chapter 7. In 1938 they were invited to attend the Memorial of the death of Jesus Christ as observers

*** w79 11/15 p. 27 par. 23 Benefiting from "One Mediator Between God and Men" ***Ever since the spring of 1938 they have been invited to attend the annual memorial celebration of Christ’s death, not to partake of the memorial emblems, the unleavened bread and the red wine, but as respectful observers.
    *** jv chap. 16 p. 243 Meetings for Worship, Instruction, and Encouragement ***For the first time, in its issue of February 15, 1938, TheWatchtower specifically invited them to be present at the Memorial, saying: "After six p.m. on April 15 let each company of the anointed assemble and celebrate the Memorial, their companions the Jonadabs also being present."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit