How Did YOU Finally Leave The Organization?

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Was it a long process?

Is it still ongoing?

Did you have a long range plan?

• alanv
    alanv

Thinking back, I didn't really give it a lot of thought or the possable consequencies. I had gradually realized that so many things simply did not make sense. I was a mini. servant at the time and I remember 2 elders coming round and more or less saying if I don't have and report a bible study with my son then I would be taken off as a mini servant.

I just thought how shallow these people are. From then on I just did less and less until I completely stopped going to meetings and on the doors. My wife was upset but was o k about it. All her family were in so it was difficult but I just new it was all wrong.

Since then my wife and all her family have died and I am still around. A bit ironic really considering they were all expecting to live forever.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

I escaped through the privy window during a boring Watchtower study and leapt to freedom.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

as far as going to meedings and fs I left instantly!!! one month 10 hours made all the meeding - then never to go again!!! but as for the emotional that was more complicated it's been 1 1/2 years and it still has some control over my life... less and less all the time

• stillin
    stillin

I'm stillin, but I feel certain that my wife will have something to do with putting me out of my misery. She likes to explode every now and then and every little thing that bothers her gets "blown up" too. Since the elders are so gung-ho about fault-finding, I will probably be written off as a "proud man" who doesn't accept counsel and therefore must be disfellowshipped, when in reality, I feel that I'm just a gnat being strained out while observing the camel being gulped down!

I surely mean no harm to any of the witnesses, and if they are edified by the religion, fine. But I no longer am. Too bad they make it such an all-or-nothing thing. I think Jesus and I would have gotten along fine with each other.

• minimus
    minimus

It actually took me a long time to determinedly make the move to "get out of her". I read Franz' books, many "apostate" materials but I submerged them until I knew I just couldn't avoid the truth any longer.

• highdose
    highdose

for me, it was alot of niggling doubts that i ignored for years, then one day everything came to a head, and i decided i wasnt going anymore. And i havn't been either.

• spawn
    spawn

I just decided enough was enough and quit going, was one of the easiest decisions of my life.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I started going less and less until I just stopped going altogether. I moved out of the territory so that I wouldn't be bothered by the elders. For the most part, I haven't been.

• dandingus
    dandingus

Much like Found Sheep, I left quite suddenly. One Sunday I went to the meeting like normal, next Sunday didn't show and I never went back again. Just dissappeared. And I was a MS and Pioneer at the time so I'm sure I left a lot of people wondering where I was for a while. The elders kept trying to contact me, but I had nothing I wanted to say to them. I'm sure they had to "take my privileges away", but I still don't know if they told the congregation anything else. I was never DF'd or DA'd, I just plain left.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit