If someone ask you personally "Are you an apostate?", How would you answer them?

by asilentone 48 Replies latest jw friends

• nugget
    nugget

Apostate is a control word used by Jws to create fear and disgust. It is a convenient way for dealing with sincere people who have doubts and deign to question their organisation and doctrines.

No I am not an apostate I am a Borean with an active questioning faith.

I also think Elsewhere's response is to the point and perfect.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

if they are asking me about the WTS version of the word I would briefly explain their version of lies/failed prophecies/murderous medical doctrine, their condoning of paedophilia amongst their ranks, quote Duet 18,20-22 and ask them who the REAL apostate is

• Heaven
    Heaven

I think I would respond with "I don't understand the question."

• Chalam
    Chalam

Amen jookbeard!

Deuteronomy 18:21-22 (English Standard Version)

21 And if you say in your heart, 'How may we know the word that the LORD has not spoken?'— 22 ( A ) when a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the LORD has not spoken; ( B ) the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him.

The preceding verse is a stern warning.

Deuteronomy 18:20 (English Standard Version)

20 (A) But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or [a] who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.'

Blessings,

Stephen

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

very simple Stephen, the WTS has a history of making prophetic statements that have simply not come true, it's a very large responsibility taking on the mantle of " Gods Chosen Channel on Earth, The Faithful and Discreet Slave, The Greater David, The Elijah Class" etc and so forth, the get out clause of "Light Getting Brighter" cannot counteract the scripture, Duet sums it up, Death to That Prophet, that prophet being the WTS.

• designs
    designs

Its no different than what the Catholics and Protestants have done for centuries, except the Catholics and Protestants behaved like Pioneers on Crack. They make the Witnesses look like amateurs.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Agreed jookbeard!

Some interesting titles they give themselves...

Gods Chosen Channel on Earth "channel" being a term of mediums and psychics Chaneling Spirits - What is Channeling?

The Faithful and Discreet Slave [Masters]

The Greater David Seems The WT clearly exalt themselves above Jesus Luke 1:32

The Elijah Class Once again, putting themselves in the place of Christ Matthew 17:12

The light is getting brighter is pure heresy too.

1 John 1:5 (New International Version)

Walking in the light

5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. Blessings, Stephen

• designs
    designs

Stephen, its no different than what your groups have done. The Catholics and their belief in the Vicars of Christ or Luther and Calvin and their egomaniacal religious followers going to war against each other. The false ideas they perpetuated cost millions of humans their lives. Literalists who couldn't tell a symbolism if it kissed them on the forehead took their doctrines of Hell and the Trinity and ruined what a good Jewish young man tried to say and the help and goodness he tried to spread.

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

Oh please, I would say the Witnesses were the first to be apostates when they broke free from the Bible Students”.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit