If someone ask you personally "Are you an apostate?", How would you answer them?

by asilentone 48 Replies latest jw friends

• asilentone
  • blondie
    blondie

What's an apostate?

• minimus
    minimus

nope

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I ask them what religion they were before they became a JW. After they answer I tell them that an apostate is anyone who leaves any religion, which, by definition, means they are an apostate.

I then ask them... how does it feel to be an apostate?

• undercover
    undercover

Apostate to what?

JWs don't own the copyright on that word. It can apply to anyone who leaves their religion, political party or any other group. So if someone out of the blue asks, "Are you an apostate?" I would have to ask them to explain what they mean.

However, to cut to the chase...if it was a dub who asked, I personally would apply some theocratic strategy. They don't need to know the truth of the matter so I'd deflect the question by giving some non-sensical non-answer...which they'll buy because they're use to being bullshitted at all their meetings.

• dandingus
    dandingus

Interesting question, because I don't ever remember someone asking point blank like that. Has someone asked you to your face if you were? My response would be "I don't profess faith in any religion, but I have no problem with anyone that does."

• Robdar
    Robdar

I usually nod my head while telling them no. It confuses the bejeebers outta them.

• Titus
    Titus

In my language "apostate" is translated as "garbage-man" or "trash-man".

No, I am not a garbage-man.

• spawn
    spawn

Only in the eyes of the JW but as I don't believe in a God or creator what does it matter!

• Open mind
    Open mind

If I was wearing this sweatshirt, I would answer yes.

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

I think I'll get one and wear it to our next congregation "get-together".

om

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit