Eminem

by DIM 22 Replies latest social entertainment

• LDH
    LDH

Pris, my twelve y.o. knows every word to this song. I'm now going to end it all, because I just can't stand it any longer--hearing her sing it over and over.

And now you.

Lisa

• Wendy
    Wendy

LOL How did I miss this thread? haha I agree with Ashi, I like some and others leave my mouth hanging open. There really is not much he won't say. I had a friend send me the new CD and most of it is good. "My dad's gone crazy" has Haley singing in it. I am just hoping that little girl doesn't hear all that her daddy says. That thought alone is shocking.

wendy

• outnfree
    outnfree

Lisa,

*I* know almost all the words to this song!!! LOL

I like Marshall, too, DIM. I appreciate his story-telling abilities. EMINEM is a 60's folk balladeer (sp?) doing rap! I don't agree with everything he says, but I think he does a fine job telling it.

Out

• Prisca
    Prisca

M's comments re his daughter hearing his music:

June 21, 2002 - Globe magazine features an article on Eminem talking about his love for his daughter Hailie. On his new album 'The Eminem Show', Eminem tells parents, "I wouldn't let Hailie listen to me neither." But he insists, "I was just kidding with that line. The irony is she's on the CD with me, going 'I think my dad's gone crazy.' I'm doing that just to push the envelope as far as it will go. I'm a pretty liberal parent, but if there are too many cuss words in a row, I'll make sure Hailie hears the clean version. But if there's just an expletive here and there, I would rather her hear it this way that at school behind my back."
    http://www.abstracts.net/eminem/
  • jaccilynn
    jaccilynn

i'm not a big rap/hip-hop fan. but i really like eminem. i listened to his new album, just for the hell of it, and if you look past all the cocky, rude, bullshit... he has a sometimes humorous, sometimes impressively political way of looking at things. his song "white america" discusses terrorisim and the possibility of a draft, and he touched on alot of issues that my firends and i sit around and discuss... anyway, i don't think his music is appropriate for young children, but he talks about some interesting things.

• Matty
    Matty

Do you think that in another ten years time you will still be listening to Eminem? Or will his CDs be confined to the cupboard under the stairs with all the other embarrassing albums that you thought were so kewl once, like the Vanilla Ice "To the Extreme" CD that you thought in 1991 to be a contemporary masterpiece?

He would go nicely between Captain and Tennille's Greatest Hits and Martika's Kitchen as far as I'm concerned.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I think he is for the most part harmless, and he has some pretty powerful things to say...he just doesn't always have a way with words in the mainstream fashion.

Matty-as for Vanillia Ice...who ever thought he was good? tho I will confess I still have Paula Abdul Tapes, yes TAPES! And oh well, I was 10...tis the nature of music industry for fads to fade...you can't pick a winner everytime, frankly the campiness of it later on is fun! You have to be able to laugh about yourself...

• Matty
    Matty

Joanna, A paula Abdul fan! Hey!

Straight up now tell me
    Is it gonna be you and me together oh oh oh
    Are you just having fun?

Now she was crap.

I can't help thinking though that the music press are caught up in an Emperors New Clothes type frenzy with Eminem.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Could be Matty, have you listened to the new album at all?

But he does have three albums as opposed to Vanilla Ices one...now I am not trying to say he is a genius when it comes to music, but he's not half bad in a sea of CRUD music right now, you take what you can get.

Yeah I know she sucks, but c'mon, what were you listening to when you were 10? CONFESS!

Edited by - joannadandy on 21 June 2002 18:54:18

• Matty
    Matty

I haven't listened to the new album yet. I listened to The Marshall Mathers LP and I thought it was a pile of crap. I just got the impression that he's a misogynistic homophobic asshole.

What was I listening to at 10? I'm quite a bit older than you, so it would be Blondie. I was in love with Debbie Harry when I was 10!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit