Eminem

by DIM 22 Replies latest social entertainment

• DIM
    DIM

so whats the opinion around here - jokester or demonic psycho? I've always appreciated some good story telling and gangsta rap to counter my usual music tastes (indie and 60's music). pretty funny guy, that eminem is.

i'm sick and tired of hearing things from uptight-short-sighted-narrow minded hypocritics. all i want is the truth just gimme some truth - John Lennon

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

he's way talented.

okies, where's wendy (mommy) when we need her??!

• Mozzer4Life
    Mozzer4Life

Talented yes, a good person...no. But no one should expect him to be really. No more than you or I, except he has millions of kids who practically worship him. I saw him in Austin headlining for the Roots before he was big. Then at the Up in Smoke Tour. Very talented rapper in his delivery, good beats, but a little careless with his lyrics for me, the "I don't give a fu*k" attitude is played out. Hi, my name is over.

"Keats and Yeats are on your side,
    but you lose 'cause weird lover Wilde is on mine"
    - Morrissey

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Dim,yeah I like his stuff...OUTLAW

• ianao
    ianao

I think LL Cool J was much better than 'M&M'.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I hate some and enjoy some of it...mixed bag really.

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

I am not a fan of eminem. I think he probably has some talent, but anyone can talk to music. I am not a big fan of a lot of rap music in general though. I think he is a harsh person and he would get a lot more respect for me if he respected others and himself. The boy only has a 9th grade education....if he respected himself, he would at least get a high school diploma....

• bitter mango
  • DIM
    DIM

thanks for that link bitter mango.....i don't see what the big deal is...the albums are brilliant, but Snoop Doggy Dogg's 1993 debut album described the same things in the same graphic detail....its all just story telling.

i'm sick and tired of hearing things from uptight-short-sighted-narrow minded hypocritics. all i want is the truth just gimme some truth - John Lennon

• Prisca
    Prisca

The other day I was driving home from work, quietly minding my own business, when this song came on the radio.

I think it's great to see someone who can laugh at himself and the music industry. Yep, he's laughing all the way to the bank!

Song: Without Me

Intro (Obie Trice)
    "Obie Trice/Name No Gimmicks..."

Refrain 1
    2 trailer park girls go round the outside/ round the outside, round the outside (Repeat Refrain 1)

Refrain 2
    Guess whos back, back again/ Shadys back, tell a friend/ Guess who's back, guess who's back, gruess who's back/ Guess who's back...

Verse 1
    I've created a monster, cuz nobody wants to/ see Marshall no more they want Shady I'm chopped liver/ well if you want Shady, this is what I'll give ya/ a little bit of me mixed with some hard liquor/ some vodka that'll jumpstart my heart quicker then a/ shock when I get shocked at the hospital by the Dr. when I'm not cooperating/ when I'm rocking the table while he's operating / you waited this long now stop debating cuz I'm back, I'm on the rag and ovulating/ I know that you got a job Ms. Cheney but your husbands heart problem's complicating / So the FCC wont let me be or let me be me so let me see/ they tried to shut me down on MTV but it feels so empty without me/ So come on and dip, bum on your lips f*** that, cum on your lips and some on your tits and get ready cuz this s***'s about to get heavy/ I just settled all my lawsuits F*** YOU DEBBIE_!

Chorus X2
    Now this looks like a job for me so everybody just follow me/ cuz we need a little controversy, cuz it feels so empty without me

Verse 2
    Little hellions kids feeling rebellious/ embarrassed, their parents still listen to Elvis/ they start feeling the prisoners helpless, 'til someone comes along on a mission and yells "bitch"/ A visionary, vision is scary, could start a revolution, pollutin the air waves a rebel/ so let me just revel an bask, in the fact that I got everyone kissing my ass/ and it's a disaster such a catastrophe for you to see so damn much of my ass you ask for me?/ Well I'm back (batman sound) fix your bent antennae tune it in and then I'm gonna/ enter in and up under your skin like a splinter/ The center of attention back for the winter/ I'm interesting, the best thing since wrestling/ Infesting in your kids ears and nesting/ Testing "Attention Please" feel the tension soon as someone mentions me/ here's my 10 cents my 2 cents is free/ A nuisance, who sent, you sent for me?

Chorus X2

Verse 3
    A tisk-it a task-it, I'll go tit for tat with anybody who's talking this s*** that s***. Chris Kirkpatrick you can get your ass kicked/ worse than them little Limp Bizkit bastards, and Moby/ you can get stomped by Obie, you 36 year old bald headed fag blow me/You don't know me, you're too old let go its over, nobody listens to techno/ Now lets go, give me the signal I'll be there with a whole list full of new insults/ I've been dope, suspenseful with a pencil ever since Prince turned himself into a symbol/ But sometimes the s*** just seems, everybody only wants to discuss me/ So this must mean I'm disgusting, but its just me I'm just obscene/ Though I'm not the first king of controversy/ I am the worst thing since Elvis Presley, to do Black Music so selfishly/ and use it to get myself wealthy (Hey)/ there's a concept that works/ 20 million other white rappers emerge/ but no matter how many fish in the sea it'd be so empty without me

Chorus X2

(Hum dei dei la la Hum dei dei la la... la la la) X2 "Kids"

Don't know why, but I love this song

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit