QFR: Should marriages be arranged for true Christians in the congregation?

by sd-7 24 Replies latest jw friends

• chigaimasmaro
    chigaimasmaro

WOW! That was great! I swear someone is going to find that post and put in the next revision of the Organized book!

Great stuff! SO close to what the WT articles are like its scary.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    The elders would then file a copy of said marital license in the congregation file, sending a copy to the Society using the new form am-236.

LOL! I could see them doing that. Gotta have the bureaucracy in play.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, some jws do arrange marriages. In some countries that is the pattern. I met a jw woman from India who went back to marry a brother her jw parents had selected. In Africa, jw parents select mates for their daughters, even asking for a bride price. All the WTS counsels is that jws not arrange marriages with non-jws or charge an exorbitant bride price.

• sd-7
    sd-7

I know. It is scary that I have this ability to write imitation Watchtower articles. The fact that I can is even more of an indication that this is a fraud. But Jamie--you're right. I hope one day it won't be so easy, but I've a feeling I'm going to be exposed to it for a very long time. If I live long enough, I might even get to see them do a new understanding of "this generation"--perhaps as the generation of anointed ones whose lives overlap with the generation whose lives overlapped with the generation of anointed ones who saw 1914. That ought to get them to at least 2170 or so. Let's hope Skynet puts a stop to it before then...

--Christopher

• sd-7
    sd-7

--Oops! Sci-fi reference. Sorry, zoiks!

• RosePetal
    RosePetal

As long as you remember to use the famous expression ! IT BEHOOVES US! your on a winner simples.

Mr Bumble

• minimus
    minimus

As I was reading, I could see it wasn't authentic, especially when a QFR would refer to a coded elder's form.

• undercover
    undercover
    As I was reading, I could see it wasn't authentic, especially when a QFR would refer to a coded elder's form.

Gee...yer so smart... I wish I could be like you...

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

haha... well done!

It contained just the right amount of nonsense to make it WT worthy.

The Oracle

• snowbird
    snowbird

You have a gift, my brother.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit