April 15th WT/ Generation - MORE Points/ Mind Control by WT Society

by flipper 60 Replies latest jw friends

• sd-7
    sd-7

I brought this up in my own recent witch trial, the "overlapping generations" thing. "At a certain point," I said, "you have to realize that we're stretching the rules of logic here." It was like talking to the braindead.

This sort of discussion is particularly strange in an article talking about HOLY SPIRIT'S role. Because holy spirit had nothing to do with this doctrinal change. You would really have to just not be paying attention at all to not realize that they're buying time for themselves.

Consider also this logic: if "this generation" could refer to anointed ones whose lives overlap with other anointed ones, then who's to say that we couldn't extend this reasoning BACKWARDS in time, so that we have an [imaginary] unbroken line of anointed ones whose lives overlapped with previous anointed ones? I mean, if we're assuming it refers only to anointed ones, why not?

The other weird thing, I think, was a box that was on the opposite page from the overlapping stuff--it references recent changes, like the elimination of the 1935 as the closing date for the anointed ones to be chosen. My wife and I were going over the daily text sometime ago, and the Watchtower comment was from a 2008 article, printed after the 1935 date had been boxed. But that article specifically mentioned that apparently the calling of the anointed was just about done...in the 1930s!! A 2008 article stating something that had been rendered obsolete in 2007? If I find it, I'll post the quote.

But clearly, "this generation", singular, is apparently now "THESE GENERATIONS". Get three words into your vocabulary, Writing Committee: I DON'T KNOW. Just say them.

The elders told me, at the end of my committee, that I needed to be more humble. I don't consider it arrogance to ask legitimate questions about things that clearly violate common sense, like this. It doesn't require humility to believe this sort of doctrine; it requires mental blindness, a complete lack of individual thought and reason.

To attribute statements like this to holy spirit, I would think, and to put these words in Jesus' mouth, should constitute some form of arrogance, if not blasphemy, in my opinion. "Evidently" is uh, evidently a warning sign that whatever follows that word is probably not true, lacking evidence, and, quite simply, a shot in the dark. I watch for that word now more than most others as a signal that speculation is sure to follow it.

Man plans, God purposes? Why does God need a special term for what is ultimately his plan? The only real difference between God's plans and man's plans is that God's plans work (assuming you believe in that sort of thing). He doesn't need to give everybody every detail, and if something happens to screw with the big plan, he just works around it. The objective is the relevant thing, not the details, so...purpose or plan seems like a nonsense study of semantics. Just another word to throw in when they write the next new song book.

I've wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt, but every article I read has something that just demolishes any reason to give these people credibility as teachers of the scriptures. As for me, holy spirit is definitely leading me away from this kind of stuff and towards the Bible itself, which, evidently, speaks for itself far better than any magazine ever could.

--Christopher

• Michelle365
    Michelle365

Every time I go back and read that article I'm shocked. It's glaringly obvious to most of us here and yet so frustrating that most of the active JWs won't notice or WORSE will be invigorated by this "new light". Even the highlighted box "Are you keeping up with increased light?" angers me. It SHOULD point out the various doctrine changes and wake the rank & file up, however it will only serve as encouragement and PROOF that this is Jah's org. The various changes actually work in favor of the Governing Body and it make me nausous.

I'm so worried for my brother and my children (being brought to the meetings by my ex). I feel anxious and stressed about "saving" them yet hopeless about accomplishing it.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Consider also this logic: if "this generation" could refer to anointed ones whose lives overlap with other anointed ones, then who's to say that we couldn't extend this reasoning BACKWARDS in time, so that we have an [imaginary] unbroken line of anointed ones whose lives overlapped with previous anointed ones?

When I came in they were teaching something not unlike this. I don't know if they dropped it. I remember reading that there were always some "real" Christians around teaching the real deal - no hell, no trinity etc. But they were very vague about who those people might have been. Then we got close to the time of the end and CT Russell got the true religion restarted.

If you combine this idea with the current generation teaching you end up with the time of the end starting in 33CE and continuing until whenever the end actually happens.

Oh wait, that's what Christendom teaches only they call it the Christian Age or some such.

I guess the writing department will have to go back to the computers and keep typing.

• boyzone
    boyzone

Some will see through this crap, they must. There's only so much bullshit a brain can absorb and for some, this'll be a turd too many.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The point I intend to exploit is the fact that nodubby should get too attached to the latest "generation" explanation as it could easily change again within 2 years. Or it could eventually just be completely dropped like the "King of the North", the UN acting as "eighth king", the cry of "peace and security", or "destruction of Babylon the Great", all of which get relatively little mention any more. The only line they're using is "the end is very near!" but they seem to have discarded most of the "prophecies" that they used in past decades.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

it could easily change again within 2 years. Or it could eventually just be completely dropped like the "King of the North", the UN acting as "eighth king", the cry of "peace and security", or "destruction of Babylon the Great", all of which get relatively little mention any more.

Billy, you are my hero. I may remember and use that.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Thanks Billy, that IS a good point!

• JoJoJones
    JoJoJones

Oh, boy, talk about a way to try and get around something in order to cover themselves no matter what! Brother!!

• sabastious
    sabastious

I don't get it.

Why would they say God doesn't have a plan because plans can fail... Uh not GOD's PLAN! Jesus, why do they have to mince words?

God is perfect according to the Bible, so anything God does shall reflect that, whether it's justice, power, love or his plan.

Maybe God shouldn't love either because humans sometimes use love to motivate sin? The logical fallacy is blatent!

Purpose = Perfect - Plan = Imperfect

MAKE'S PERFECT SENSE!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jehovah is Old and Confused..

Jehovah would`nt have a job without the WBT$..

............................ ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit