Kingdom Halls, Assemblies, District Conventions - NO POWER POINT

by Nephilim 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nephilim
    Nephilim

I'm a good public speaker - when I have my power point. This is because I am a very visual person. When I had my notes everything seemed to get blurry.

It bothers me that there is this unwritten law that you are not allowed to give visual presentations in the kingdom hall... Even assemblies equipped with multiple projectors (to view baptism) do not use power point or any type of visual stimulus.

HELL even when they have 10,000 plus people they are still working a full day with just a man on stage talking. BLAH BLAH BLAH. CLAP. BLAH BLAH BLAH. CLAP.

This is why I had to draw in my notes. This is why when others seemed to be paying attention I was playing M.A.S.H. with my friends. When these people were thinking about the spiritual conversations they were going to have after the convention I was writing notes to my friends about where we were going to go for dinner.

I don't believe in hypnotism (at least not in the way that most people seem to believe it to be) but I have seen on this board the suggestion that they are trying to put people in a trance. With what little knowledge I have about hypnotic language and the trance state (example: highway hypnosis) I have to think that the society is really trying to be as repetitive as possible.

When I was studying the brain and how it works we came to the topic of the brain of a child with Autism. Thinking particularly about the Aspergers end of the spectrum it is noted that they tend to focus on 2 or 3 interests exclusively. They study these interests as much as they can and someone attempts a conversation with them they are like little professors about the topic. And that's where the problem is! Any topic you may bring up gets somehow driven BACK to the topic they want to talk about.

Going back to the brain, the interesting thing about this is that this narrow minded thinking (according to the professor) causes ACTUAL brain damage. You can think of your brain like a muscle getting a work out from everything you experience. The neurons travel down synapses or whatever (I'm not a brain expert) but if you tend to just think about one or two different things at all times those areas of the brain strengthen and everything else atrophys. It really makes sense when you think about it. That's why parents of children who have Autism are usually trained to get them to stop talking about the certain thing and explore new interests.

I should have chosen the name "can't stay on topic", Nephilim isn't working. SORRY!

Anyhow let's try to go full circle. The fact that the Jehovah's Witnesses do not even have the capability of being set up for a power point presentation just seems to me as further proof that they are in fact just repeating the same information again and again and again hoping that those parts of the listeners brains will end up decaying so they can only travel down that narrow path with their narrow minds thinking their narrow thoughts. The rest of the brain is in atrophy mode though. PATHETIC.

Just think of how cool power point presentations would be at the meetings! Or hell, go to a non-denominational church with the set up and see the difference.

Or further don't waste your Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights (HOPEFULLY YOU WERENT WASTING YOUR FRIDAY NIGHTS) anymore and take a class regarding something you were always interested in.

• dissed
    dissed

Wait a second, didn't CT Russell and Rutherford invent the power point presentation with their charts...."Divine Plan of the Ages" and "The Power of the Pyramids in the last days"

• Nephilim
    Nephilim

Wow! I have never seen that before! Now that is interesting...

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

I live in Czech republic and here we had (2 years ago) one inventive brother, who prepared a talk with the use of a projector and he was showing all kinds of images during his talk to make it more interesting...

He was very popular here and he was invited to give this talk to many congregations...

And then - guess what! You wouldnt believe that! Bethel sent a letter to all congrgations in the country, that it is not aproved by the society to use projectors during talk, and it could happen, that such equipment might draw more attention during the talk than Jehovah himself... No kidding!

Well, Jehovah is a jealous god.....

As Dave Barry put it the other day: "It did make sense and people did like it, so government had to ban it..."

Albert

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Here's C T Russell's Power Point presentation.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The Watchtower Publishing Corporation didn't really need fancy presentations since they had

paid workers selling their books and literature to the public.

• Nephilim
    Nephilim

Thetrueone,

That's obviously photoshopped. They said "Millions now living MAY never die". It's a great photoshop though you are very talented.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

A no, thats an original photo.

J. Rutherford gave a talk at a Assembly back in the 20's titled " Millions Now Living Will Never Die "

There is a video of it on Youtube if you want proof.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    They said "Millions now living MAY never die".

LOL!

Oh, the humanity!

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Hopefully the Photoshop comment was humor?

There were the old dioramas, and even in the 60's there was still the occasional slideshow (my dad travelled to a few congos giving a talk with a projector).

But PowerPoint? OMG, please no - some things should never be put into just anyone's hands...imagine the number of fonts, colors, sound effects, animations...I'm getting seasick just thinking about it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit