Quillsky

If you do, what are your motivations?

If you don't, why not?

• cantleave
    cantleave

I will be soon.

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

Yes. Could save someone's life. Doesn't cost anything. Side benefit of getting a regular health check too (they notify you if they find anything during screening). I'm healthy, clean living and know that my blood is good so why not.

Also I'm a donor. My Aunt died needing a transplant. If I die and my organs can be used to keep someone else alive - I would like to help. I think it's a really important issue - but understand if people don't want to.

MMXIV

• teel
    teel

I probably will soon enough. The reason is obvious, as MMXIV said: it doesn't cost me anything, but it can save a life. The only reason I still haven't done it is because I'm still a bit uncertain because of the unknown (never done it before), and this sorry lazy ass of mine

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

Ah teel,

Really easy - if you're in the uk - check out the site:

http://www.blood.co.uk/

Just be aware that they will send you info through the post which is clearly labelled blood donation.

MMXIV

• teel
    teel

Thanks 2014, I'm a bit far from UK but the info on the site should help me expand my knowledge at least.

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, for 4 years....

1. I figure if I am going to accept a blood transfusion, I should donate if I am physically able

1. I figure if I am going to accept a blood transfusion, I should donate if I am physically able....

• Scully
    Scully

Yes I do. It's just the right thing to do. I'm in good health, know how it benefits people who need it, and wouldn't hesitate to accept it for myself or my family if it was needed.

• carla
    carla

I give blood to make up for all the blood jw's use up by 'not' taking blood.

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

Yes, I did as part of my healing process. It was a statement of freedom for me.

I haven't done it since because it made me pass out (whoops) and I felt HORRIBLE physically. I realize this isn't a good excuse. I'm working up my courage to do it again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit