"You were a much nicer person when you were in the truth!"

by highdose 26 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If they think "nice" means not being rude when I know all they want is me back to every boasting session and doing 200 hours a month of field circus, yes I was "nicer" when I was a witless. However, this "nice" does absolutely no good. It means being willing to waste all my time, and doing everything I am told when there is no point in doing so.

On the other hand, if being "nice" means actually accepting people as they are, they are wrong. I don't think it is very "nice" to barge in on someone in the middle of dinner or on Christmas Day with the Washtowel and Asleep! rags. It was not very nice to disable Christmas lights, hide a holiday embellished "Peppermint Stick" ice cream sign in favor of a plain one, and try to get holiday decorations restricted in my apartment complex. Yet I did all these while I was a witless, because I was told that any participation in the holiday was sinful. Nor is it very nice to think of worldly people as "urine" or "poison"--or to classify them as being under the influence of Satan. Again, I was taught to do this--everything had to be about getting such people into the cancer, or they were off limits.

Not to mention, I no longer contribute to the protection of pedophiles, or to the pollution created by the Kingdumb Hells, or the destruction of the Boreal forests from which the rags are made.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

WTWizard, sounds like you went from being "nice" to being nice.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You were a much Better JW Doormat,when you Acted like a JW DoorMat..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Classic manipulation technique by a controlling person.

• skywho
    skywho

I'm still very nice, but i stand up for my self and i'm becoming better and better educated on how to do so everyday. its good. I was a door mat for everyone i encountered. like a well trained dog... but even a well trained dog will turn on its Owner if it gets kicked enough times. so we are a little grumpy... we have been abused.

• freewilly01
    freewilly01

Brain Dead and manipulated = nicer person, doesn't make any sense..........

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

ok I just got a stupid message from a an old JW friend on face book about how brash and rude I am now. And that I should explain myself. Uh Hello, u r on facebook

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit