How do you handle JW encounters?

by Girlie 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Girlie
    Girlie

Christopher, you have a pm.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Great. Now you have another PM! It's like lather, rinse, and repeat up in here!

--Christopher

• JoJoJones
    JoJoJones

Sacolton, I love your "Hello, cult member!" greeting! :-)

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

It depends ,but most of the time I put on my biggest smile and say "HI, how are you ?" when they ask how I've been I always say "Great ! never better " . It always throws them for a loop .

One pioneer sister ,everytime she sees me she puts on this mournful face and asks in a consoling voice " Oh how are you doing ?" Like someone has died or something .....I always return the greeting in a cheerful voice and tell her how happy I am now. Poor thing I wish she had some happiness too.

The witness I work with has attemted to ignore me for over a couple of years so I ignore her right back . The other drivers have noticed her coldness and I have explained why she treats me like this . So now i think she is under pressure to be more "christian " like because lately she is waving and including me in conversations ....so I go with the flow .....I can be nice as long as I am treated like a normal human .

One of the Elders and his wife will turn stone cold to me if they see me at the store . They advert their eyes and take all expression from their faces . I usually just walk by and say HI anyways .

Another Elders wife and her daughters will do anything possible to avoid running into me at the store . Like sitting in their car until I leave or quickly turning down another aisle to avoid my apostate cooties . One of these times I am going to quickly run down the aisle and follow them asking them if they know where I can find DEvil's food flavoring ...Bawhaha

• Girlie
    Girlie

LOL @ troubled mind. Good for you!!! It is very sad that they actually do believe that a person can't experience any real joy and happiness on this planet. They always assume that once a person leaves the faith, they fall into the snares of the Devil and get involved in all kinds of immoral activity or are empty and on the verge of suicide. Total BS!

Chris, another pm!

• tootie
    tootie

Well, I have been in an inactive status for about 5 years now. I won't act like I never go. I go maybe one or two Sunday's a month (during a good month) But I know what I feel inside, and I know the life that I lead is sooo contrary to what a real JW is supposed to be. So when I see them I feel awkward. I get the smiles and the hugs and the inquiries as to where I've been. I have an aunt who occasionally sends me letters in the mail trying to encourage me to come back. I have little kids so they always try to make it about them, you know.. " You don't want to see them destroyed". I HATE those conversations. I hate to run into them. Even when I do go, I am out the door as soon as they say AMEN. I guess I am still in limbo. I'm not sure what I want to do. I feel guilty when I'm in their presence, but then I feel guilty visiting sites like this too. HELP!!!! Has anyone been like me?

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I avoid JWS like a plague, many times I've come up to them and I pretend I don't see them at all.

I probably wouldn't be this way but after years having problems with these stupid zombies.

I rather pass than be social.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit