keep breathing, mate

stay true to yourself and you will
    be amazed at what you can survive,
    and still be happy to wake up every day

best to you

• wobble
    wobble

My best wishes to you as well, SD,

keep posting here, we are all here to support you, and you always have something interesting to say !

Love

Wobble

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Christopher, step one is over; you're out of the borg.

Step two commences. Be the best husband and father and man you can be and let whatever happens happen. Don't concern yourself with the opinion of others. If you know you're a good husband/father/man, that's the best you can do. If your wife can see it, she'll appreciate it. If she can't that's, sadly, her problem not yours.

Your new life has begun. Live it.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Hey, Zoiks--don't worry about it, okay? I meant no anger at you for mentioning the sci-fi movies, it was just...I was and still am in a foul mood. And those have been my only comfort in a very lonely world. I'll read your PM.

I don't know if this was a matter of courage, everyone. I was betrayed. Facing that situation, knowing what I know, I couldn't pretend any longer. There was no way I could go along with it. I have a strong sense of justice. It was time to stand, and I felt it in my soul. It was time. And sure, they'll probably make a bunch of crap remarks about the character of those who ask too many questions of the powers that be. The news will spread to my old congregation, and my name will be maligned.

But I learned how quickly things change amongst "brothers". This is no brotherhood I want to be part of. If people aren't willing to say hi to you on the street if you don't agree with them, why would I want to die for people like that? And what makes me think they would really die for me because they really care? They wouldn't. They would do it because those power told them to do so. That's not brotherhood. That's just charismatic leadership. They're no brothers of mine.

It is sickening that men like this continue their rulership. But Mount Olympus is no more, for me. They believe themselves to be the victors in this. Jesus said that he came so that those seeing could become blind and so that those blind could see. These people believe themselves to be the only ones on the face of the earth who see. As Jesus said, their sin remains. Rather than humbly admitting to being blind and pitiable and broken and in desperate need of true guidance, they continue to replace old falsehood with new falsehood and claim it's coming from holy spirit. Hey, let those who are filthy be filthy still, right?

Do I believe my wife to be capable of changing the locks while I'm gone? Well, it would be an ill-advised decision. She's not on the lease. She has no legal right to do that. She doesn't have a job, and is a high school dropout. She would have to work 2 jobs and probably still wouldn't be able to pay the rent, much less the necessary child care costs. It would be a foolish decision. I hold too many of the cards. If she goes down that path, she'd best be prepared to hold to it, because I will pursue every legal avenue possible to make certain that she does not attempt a coup of my home.

Besides, whether she likes it or not, she needs my help. She won't turn down free room and board and bite the hand that feeds her. The tax man isn't going to be so generous that she will have that kind of power.

I don't wish to be enemies with her. I'm just so wounded emotionally by the weight of her betrayal and its consequences that I literally cannot talk to her right now. I want to talk to her. But I'm losing my grip on my feelings right now. The hate is starting to edge towards malice. Hate for this establishment and its agents. Hate for what amounts to the destruction of my family. Hate for the blood on their hands.

They dared to speak of Malawi yesterday, of the JWs there, the ones they sent to hell when they could have saved them. There's going to be a reckoning for that someday, for all of that.

I'm sorry. I'm just too furious right now and I don't really know what else to say. I just need to find my center again.

--Christopher

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

Christopher

I'm sorry about how this ALL went down with you - but isn't it amazing how elders in a JC will make it seems as if they are there to HELP you, but the minute they make their decision (reproof/DF) there is this aura of GLOOM in the room (when they call you back in) and damn if they decide to DF you - oh well - now you don't matter!! I recall that 'moment' vividly and will never forget it. How 3 men that really don't know ME, what goes on in my mind, or what I went through - decided on my ENTIRE LIFE (at that point in time) in a matter of 30 mins!!!!! So in that aspect, I feel for you because it's the coldest decision and arrangement on this earth. God sake, even criminals on death row are allowed visitors and fellow association...but JWs who are accused of committing a sin.......well THEY are 'dead' and to be shunned.

Your wife is who she is. You stay strong and FIGHT however hard you need to. Everyone here seems to be VERY supportinve and encouraging...so lean on all of us. Ok? JWs have a mind of their own - you know that already. So just keep your head up and roll....

• sd-7
    sd-7

I'll do the best I can. Am trying to talk to wife right now--she is dismissing me as the 'spiritual head'. What a horrible cult we've suffered through, all of us. But I may be able to salvage things, once I learn to look beyond my own pain.

--Christopher

• MsGrowingGirl20
  • sd-7
    sd-7

Hey, it's okay now. I still can't believe I wrote all this stuff back then. Way too detailed, way too personal. So much unbridled rage and so little will to act behind it. But I've evolved since then. Grown stronger in mind. Left behind much of the rage (though not all, the flame burns on seemingly without end), and started building my world anew.

The memories of this time have faded into the permanent scars I carry with me. Things are better, but the fight for freedom never ends. The journey I have had, I hope, will lay a foundation of hope for future generations, that perhaps they might be more free than I am. Whatever is left of this road I'm on is being devoted to that.

--sd-7

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

sd-7: Did it destroy your marriage?

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Thinking of you and your family. You have shown awesome courage. Reading the part about spitting in the Devil's space was wonderful. That's how I felt. I identify with it. Be true to yourself, and you can't be false to any man (or woman).

Taxes - have the IRS issue 2 separate deposits. Keep with your original deal. She is trying to control you now. When couples are trying to control each other, they often fight about money. Money is a sign that she still controls you.

Topic 152 - Refund Information

Taxpayers have three options for receiving their individual federal income tax refund: a paper check, direct deposit (electronic funds transfer) into a checking, savings or other account; or a purchase of U.S. Series I Savings Bonds. Taxpayers may request that refunds be directly deposited in up to three separate accounts. The refund must be $1.00 or more. Form 8888, Allocation of Refund (Including Savings Bond Purchases), will give taxpayers a choice of selecting up to three accounts such as checking, savings and retirement accounts. Note: You cannot have your refund deposited into more than one account if you file Form 8379 (PDF), Injured Spouse Allocation.

If you file a complete accurate tax return, your refund will generally be issued within six weeks from the received date. If you filed electronically, refund checks will generally be issued within three weeks after the acknowledgment date. Refunds from amended returns will generally be issued within 8–12 weeks. Injured spouse claims can take longer, depending on the circumstances. Refer toTopic 203 for more information concerning Injured Spouse Claims.

To check on your refund, go to "Where's My Refund" or call the Refund Hotline at 800–829–1954. Please allow 72 hours after you electronically file or 3 weeks after you mail your return before using the automated systems. When you call, you will need to provide your Social Security number, your filing status, and the exact whole dollar amount of the refund shown on your return. There are several reasons for delayed refunds. Refer to Topic 303 for a checklist of common errors when preparing your tax return, and for additional items that may delay the processing of your return.

If you receive a refund to which you are not entitled, or one for an amount that is more than you expected, do not cash the check until you receive a notice explaining the difference. Follow the instructions on the notice.

On the other hand, if you receive a refund for a smaller amount than you expected, you may cash the check, and, if it is determined that you should have received more, you will later receive a check for the difference. If you did not receive a notice and you have questions about the amount of your refund, wait two weeks after receiving the refund, then call 800-829-1040.

The IRS will assist you in obtaining a replacement check for a refund check that is verified as lost or stolen.

Yes, she could be planning to split. I think it's a very real possibility if she's looking to hoard money. Perhaps she needs assurance that you are not going to leave her too? But, in the meantime, stay safe with your own financial security. Be fair. She can't think right.

Skeeter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit