It looks like the new song book is bombing!

by Mickey mouse 29 Replies latest jw friends

• RebeccaChi
    RebeccaChi

It's interesting that many songs were made shorter. I don't understand the purpose of it. Reduce stretch time to make people suffer more?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Rebec,

It's interesting that many songs were made shorter. I don't understand the purpose of it. Reduce stretch time to make people suffer more?

They want to use the most efficient form of thought indoctrination, getting them tired works, no fresh air, and no stretching, keep the mind sleepy bored is easier to indoctrinate. The songs give smaller returns on indoctrination time spent singing a boring songs with no real rhythmic beat to speak of.

The Governing Body is pulling every trick in the book to keep them hooked. It's gonna take a lot of "thought control" to get them though the next 10 or more years of failed prophecies and "new light" flip flops.

• dandingus
    dandingus

Wow, MickeyMouse, that's quite an exhaustive list. It was neat reading through the changes. I left in very early 2005 and I can still recall many of these melodies very clearly. Did anyone else notice a theme here? That they're removing all of the more "militant" sounding songs as well as those that specifically push Jesus as king? The one that surprised me was the "Marraige" song. What will they sing at weddings now? They also pulled EVERY song about children/young people. Are there new ones that take their place? Or did they just drop the topic entirely? Curiouser and curiouser...

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It is true. Not only have they removed some of the best songs, but they have ruined many of the ones they let remain.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

The last time the GB got wind of murmuring in the camp regarding the previous song changes (orchestra to piano) they sent out a letter to all congregations reprimanding all for not appreciating the 'bell like tone' of the piano & all the hard work that had gone into the recordings.

After all this is the BEST music in the world......... didn't you know that you Philistines?

You vill like za muzik

You vill like za muzik

You vill like za muzik

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I'll only be impressed when they put in Amazing Grace and Kumbuya.

Impressed because the sooner they move mainstream the sooner they will be assimilated out of history.

Jeff

• blondie
    blondie

This is exactly what happened in 1984 when that songbook came out.

People were sad when older songs were dropped

People were sad when old lyrics were added to new tunes

People were sad when new words were added to old tunes.

People were sad when new songs were unsingable (I have to admit that some new tunes were redeemable)

People were sad when the four part music was eliminated making it hard to sing harmony

I noticed that over the years with this last new songbook, some songs were never if rarely sung....unsingable.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Also, "one verse shorter" seems to be a frequent occurrence on this list. I haven't seen any "one verse longer" notices there. Interesting.....

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

in my hall they had many practice sessions.

another nothch against the gibbering body.

On a side note, I saw an interesting movie this weekend: September dawn, many mentions of Jehovah in the mormon cult movie

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Are there new ones that take their place?

Yes, they took out well over 100 songs and added something like 35 new ones. (I don't have the exact numbers...a google should clear it up)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit