Is Richard Dawkins an ostentatious acrimonious supercilious pusillanimous calumnious censorious vituperative querulous embittered obsessive and bombastic bully?

by slimboyfat 70 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Richard Dawkins closes down his free-thinking/free-thought site (www.richarddawkins.net) for 30 days to reconfigure it 'because too many morons were contributing drivel' (He doesn't put it QUITE like that!) He is then surprised because those self-same contributors call him everything under the sun (I won't repeat the names flung at him on our ultra -refined boards). He now wants the site more or less 'peer-reviewed' (by analogy with papers to learned/scientific journals having to be vetted by VIPS).

Some people have had their doubts about Dawkins for some time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QERyh9YYEis

• villabolo
    villabolo

I see you've been hitting the thesaurus.

villabolo

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I tried to read one of his books and really disliked the tone of his writing.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

We need more folks like him. Carry on, Richard!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

no, he's just a very naughty boy.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

This is a funny parody of Dawkins schtick.

Dawkins of course is most justified in his views, which I imagine ticks off a fair share of theists.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    I tried to read one of his books and really disliked the tone of his writing.

I know. At the same time, I dslike the tone of fundamental Christians who insist that gays are going to be destroyed by god, that all non (fundie) believers will be destroyed by god. That I am going to be destroyed by god....

Dawkins in essence suggests that if you really believe that, you are stupid. That if you believe the earth was made in 6 days, you are stupid. That it disagrees with science, and ignores the history of all world religions... etc etc etc

I can't help but sympathize with that viewpoint.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I think he's shown quite a bit of patience with some of the insane stuff he has dealt with.

• metatron
    metatron

Dawkins is a skilled writer and scientist. He is also an a**hole. I see no contradiction between the two aspects of his personality.

metatron

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

I don't know. But he doesn't believe in any gods and wishes no one else did either. I agree with him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit