JW/WT Idolatry Test

by Lee Elder 28 Replies latest jw friends

• You Know
    You Know

Right on. But, do you know what Jehovah purposes to do to sort that situation out? It's one thing to point out a problem, it's quite another to be able to see the solution to such a paradox. / You Know

• kenny2
    kenny2

Thank you Lee for this simple test.

Its so funny sometimes how the simplest things can be used to prove what we all here know to be true. We can arue doctrine and scripture at times until we are blue in the face but when it comes down to issues of whether the wt is more concerned about pleasing God or more concerned about the free labor force they have, and keeping them in line, it is clear where their priorities are.

And for me, who still believes in God, I find the wt priorities highly offensive.

Kenny

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Robert:

What should the appropriate solution be? All I have ever asked for is a willingness to review all sides to every issue under question.

It's just not administratively possible.

• You Know
    You Know
    What should the appropriate solution be?

I am suprised that you have to ask me that. Jehovah speaks very frankly, and at some length, on the very issue in question. You folks presume to have it all figured out, why is it though that you are unable to intelligently decipher Jehovah's pre-recorded judicial decisions regarding his own people? Is it because you have never had such things explained to you by the Watchtower? That would of course explain your ignorance of such vital matters.

All I have ever asked for is a willingness to review all sides to every issue under question. It's just not administratively possible.
    Of course it's not possible. That's the counterpoint of the paradox. The Watchtower doesn't have all the answers. And if you think they do, and you look to them to resolve every matter related to your personal faith in Jehovah God, then you are guilty of idolatry because you have exalted a human administrative institution above the place that should be occupied by Jehovah and his High Priest, Jesus, in ultimately determining the quality of your faith.

Evidenced by the shallowness of your faith it is apparent that all of you were in reality worshippers of the Watchtower even when you were nominally called Jehovah's Witnesses. And, now, because the object of your devotion has been discredited in your eyes, having been proven to be merely human after all, you therefore have abandoned your devotion to your Watchtower idol, and instead are obsessed with trying to come to terms within yourself as to how you could have been so stupid to have worshipped them in the first place. I hope you at least find an answer to that question. / You Know

/ You Know

• Englishman
    Englishman

Excellent analogy, Alan F.

I shall ask my elder Dub-in-the-pub pal about this, just lately I have been shaking him rigid with debunking his belief in the FDS.

Englishman.

Bring on the dancing girls!

• You Know
    You Know

It should be obvious that YOU have failed the test! / You Know

• You Know
    You Know

In view of my post on this topic, perhaps this thread should be renamed: "HOW TO MAKE AN APOSTATE GO AWAY" LOL / You Know

• You Know
    You Know

Looks like LE opened up a can of worms here. / You Know

• You Know
    You Know

Have I rendered you silent? / You Know

• ianao
    ianao

You Know:

Have you ever thought that nobody really gives a $hit at this point in time in their miserable lives, and maybe THAT is why nobody has responded further besides little ol' me who takes pitty on others?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit