Help! I have a pyramid/1914 question?

by keeshondgirl 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• reslight2
    reslight2

Actually, the 1874 date was based on the 1335 days prophecy of Daniel, the "double" parallels, and the jubilee cycles. 6,000 years from Adam's creation, according to Barbour/Russell's chronology, does not end in 1874, but rather in 1872 (or using the whole year method of years from fall to fall, the beginning of 1873). Russell allowed two years from Adam's creation to his disobedience, which he believed happened 6,000 years before 1874.

Neither Barbour nor Russell replaced 1874 with 1914, as many on the internet have claimed, since Russell believed -- until his death -- that Christ had returned in 1874. Rutherford also for many years after Russell's death taught that Christ had returned in 1874 until about 1928 or 1929, about whch time he began to claim that Christ had returned in 1914, and began using the 1335 days and the other days of Daniel as alleged proofs of events related to his new organization.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

It was all just loosely derived chronological dating that was devised and exploited to bring attention

to these men and their publishing company.

Yes bullshit is found with religious charlatans, as it was 100 years ago in C T Russell's day, to this very day.

By the way, pyramidology was not Russell's own concept, it came from other people but he thought it

offered some relative support to his Christ's returning doctrine he exploit for his own book publishings.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Another thing thats worthy of noting, it is chronologically impossible by use of the bible to accurately to count back 6000

years to the supposed life of Adam. This is an illogical joke in itself.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Russel used the measurements of the Pyramid, to justify certain properties. I know some one here has the original text and measurements.

r.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Thy Kingdom Come (1898) goes into all the details you can want about the pyramid. You can prob find it online to download, I have it, but forgot where I got it from.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit