Help! I have a pyramid/1914 question?

by keeshondgirl 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• keeshondgirl
    keeshondgirl

Does anyone know when the watchtower society stopped believing that they arrived at 1874 and 1914 as results of Russels measurements of the pyramid ?

How long was it that they believed their pyramid idea before they used their twisted bible dates to 'prove' that Jesus's enthronement wasn't based on a pyramid measurement?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I don't know but if they used the same pattern they use today, they just quietly never mentioned a pyramid again and released the 607 chronology as if it was something they knew all along. Then again, it seems like back then (whenever it was) Rutherford and later Franz liked to release info at conventions as a sort of revelation, so perhaps it was done that way, too.

Great question. I'll look forward to someone answering it.

• wobble
    wobble

Whenever it was, they were certainly peddling that rubbish in 1919 when supposedly Jesus was choosing them as serving food at the proper time, and the only group suitable to look after his "belongings"

What a joke.

Love

Wobble

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

I beleive the "Pyramid doctine" was discontinued in 1928.Check the Watchtowers dated Nov.15 & Dec.1, 1928.

• sacolton
    sacolton

I think Rutherford pretty much changed everything Russell believed.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

From the Proclaimers book:

*** jv chap. 14 p. 201 “They Are No Part of the World” ***
    For some 35 years, Pastor Russell thought that the Great Pyramid of Gizeh was God’s stone witness, corroborating Biblical time periods. (Isa. 19:19) But Jehovah’s Witnesses have abandoned the idea that an Egyptian pyramid has anything to do with true worship. (See “Watchtower” issues of November 15 and December 1, 1928)

Rutherford was an apostate. The JW beliefs regarding 1914 are better supported by pyramidology than by the Bible.

• TD
    TD
    Does anyone know when the watchtower society stopped believing that they arrived at 1874 and 1914 as results of Russels measurements of the pyramid ?

This is a persistent, internet misconception. The 1874 and 1914 dates came from the Bible chronology of Nelson Barbour. He came up with those dates before he ever met Charles Taze Russell.

1874 and 1914 were not derived from pyramid measurements. Pyramidology was always seen as additional, coroborating evidence, not the primary line of reasoning.

How long was it that they believed their pyramid idea before they used their twisted bible dates to 'prove' that Jesus's enthronement wasn't based on a pyramid measurement?

The pyramid nonsense came well after the Biblical time calculations, not before. Of course, as Billy observes above, the time calculations are just as silly.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

TD is correct.

Now 1874 was the original date, based off of they caculated 6000 years from Adam and that 1874/75 would start the 7,000 year and make sense to be the 1,000 year reign. When nothing happened, Russell went off of (this generation) and since a biblical generation is 40 years added that and you get to 1914. THEN he read in the bible about the "two testaments" or 2 witnesses in egypt, (some scripture in PR or IS) and took it to mean the Pyramid of Gizeh, since it was so perfectly made and appeared to be the center of the earth if using a certain map. Then measurements seemed to fall in line with dates, hence he used the pyramid as further evidence of 1914. Probably wasn't till the 20's + that all of it changed and they found a way to toy w/ the scriptures to make it look like gentile times prophecy and no way related to how it was originally predicted.

THEN in the 50's or 60's, they found that they were off by 100 years, and thats where the 1975 prediction came in. I'm surprised after that didn't happene, they didn't add the 40 years as well, making it 2014, but if that did that, it would destroy the 1914 date.

• keeshondgirl
    keeshondgirl

All very interesting, thanks for your information!!

• prophecor
    prophecor

I have read some fascinating things about pyramydology. Clarence Larkins book "Dispensational Truth" brings out some mind bogling facts about how the dimensions are able to calculate time, the space between the planets, and so many other amazing figures.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit