Liberals, Atheists Just Plain Smarter - Religious Conservatives Really Just Paranoid Cavemen

by daniel-p 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Beta Male
    Beta Male

its unfortunate that the article mentions that some people align themselves with an atheistic ideology just so they can show people that theyre "smart". my father regularly accuses me of this, that it is my "secret sin" that keeps me from believing: pride.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

LOL @ JeffT

• ziddina
    ziddina

"This applied also to sexual exclusivity in men, but not in women...."

Woo Hooo!!! I'm gonna go pick me up some boyfriends!!! Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina

"Now that I figure this computer thing out.... when do we write a incindiary headline over a study that finds a 6 point (which is nothing) difference between say...whites and blacks... "

Haw, haw!!! Guess what!?? Studies have shown - well, not familiar with any RECENT studies, but... Ones from the 70's - 80's... Studies have shown that BLACK peoples' brains are - on AVERAGE - at least 1% LARGER than white peoples' brains...

Which would make sense since the species - humanity - started out in Africa... The African strains would be older and longer-established, if I understand the evolutionary time-scales properly... Zid

• Brocephus
    Brocephus

I always black men had larger heads but I thought they were talking about the other one. Dang, I just don't have a chance in this world.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Is it 11:45 yet Jeffrey??!!!!

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    The IQ differences, while statistically significant, are not stunning -- on the order of 6 to 11 points --
    a study that finds a 6 point (which is nothing)

Average IQ being 100, and 75 considered retarded, I'd agree that 6 to 11 percentage points is significant.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Since when does "IQ" have anything to do with who, how and what you believe about God, plotics, or your world view?...

People can be "too smart". or dumber than"a bag of grass", don't matter....if you can't grasp that, then you don't read much, on just this board alone...IQ got nothing to do with it...ask any woman, she'll tell ya...

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Since when does "IQ" have anything to do with who, how and what you believe about God, plotics, or your world view?...

Quentin, it has to do with correlation, not necessarily cause and effect (though it could be.)

• Jazzbo
    Jazzbo

So you have a guy that has a history of very controversial findings, some of which have been blatantly racist, he uses a pretty funky definition for liberal and conservative, his data is based on a strange age group, and he looks at this through the lense of evolutionary psychology. I'd say this has all the credibility of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Of course the gullible will lap it up and quote it religiously. The real revelation is in who is prepared to swallow this tripe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit