Does anyone here ever feel that they don't fit in

by cantleave 39 Replies latest jw friends

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

only me: "

Story of my life.

Never really fit in with the Witnesses, don't really fit anywhere now."

Hey! I know that song! I don't think I even fit in with the x-JWs cos I never was one. Why am I here?

• John Doe
    John Doe

Only after eating too much.

• ninja
    ninja

yes....the elephant groom to his mouse wife

• ziddina
    ziddina

Does anyone here ever feel tht they don't fit in???

Crap yes, all of the time... But it tends to keep me from getting sucked into "herd" mentality - "mob" mentality, and so on... Zid

• musky
    musky

I don't want to fit in.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

To answer your question, "Nope!" I like the answers that Terry and Gayle gave. I've never lacked companionship in or out of the borg. But that's because I learned as a young child that you have to be a friend to have a friend. When I'm at a social gathering, I approach anyone I don't know and introduce myself. I attended my city's commerce association and council meetings for several years and managed to create quite a collection of friends, from janitors to judges, although I was new in town.

Let your hair down a little, and don't be afraid of people who are different from you. If you have nothing substantial to add o a conversation, then ask questions. Most people are thrilled to have an interest shown in them. And now that I've opened up in the last few years about my cult experiences, "worldly" people are simply fascinated!

• KW13
    KW13

It can take a long time to get our of the transition period, but it will happen.

• RR
    RR
    Does anyone here ever feel that they don't fit in

All the time

Who needs to fit in? It will get you no where.

• skywho
    skywho

honestly, there was a time when i felt that way but it was when i was still in it, But it didn't take me long to warm up to people that i got to be myself around. There are wonderful people with wonderful life to share with you, enjoy getting to know them all rather than just have to preach to them. Its Great!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit