A People for His Name

by AGuest 20 Replies latest jw friends

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

Christian means "chosen one"? In what dictionary?

adj.

1. Professing belief in Jesus as Christ or following the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus.
    2. Relating to or derived from Jesus or Jesus's teachings.
    3. Manifesting the qualities or spirit of Jesus; Christlike.
    4. Relating to or characteristic of Christianity or its adherents.
    5. Showing a loving concern for others; humane.
    n.
    1. One who professes belief in Jesus as Christ or follows the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus.
    2. One who lives according to the teachings of Jesus.

[Middle English Cristen , from Old English cristen , from Latin Christianus , from Christus , Christ. See Christ.]

http://www.answers.com/topic/christian

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Christian

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/christian

Since it's the premise for the rest of your explanation, please explain how you arrived at "christian = chosen one". Thanks!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Take, for example the following peoples’ names:

IsaIAH

UzzIAH

HezekIAH

JeremIAH

HilkIAH

JosIAH

ZedekIAH

ObadIAH

ZephanIAH

GedalIAH

ZecharIAH

BerechIAh

OUTLAH

.................... ... OUTLAW

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

LOL Outlah.

• AGuest
    AGuest

In most dictionaries, dear TJ-Cleared (may you have peace!):

Main Entry: 1 Chris·tian

Pronunciation: \ ' kris-ch ? n, ' krish-\

Function: noun

Etymology: Latin christianus, adjective & noun, from Greek christianos, from Christos

Date: 1526

Main Entry: Christ

Pronunciation: \ ' krist\

Etymology: Middle English Crist, from Old English, from Latin Christus,from Greek Christos, literally, anointed, from chriein

Date: before 12th century

1:messiah

Main Entry: mes·si·ah

Pronunciation: \m ? - ' si- ? \

Etymology: Hebrew mashiah ? & Aramaic meshih ? a,literally, anointed

Date: 1560

Since many dictionary compilers fancy themselves as "christians," however, and so push their own understanding of the word, you may have to read between the.. well, etmology... to get to that truth.

Again, I bid you peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• ballistic
    ballistic

Aguest, I don't pretend to outwit you, but I truely believe god only cares about our heart and our intentions, and not what we call ourselves and how we imagine ourselves. Besides, we are all too pathetic to come anywhere close to his reflection, and on that basis I don't even talk of him in our terms. And no I am not even for saving in the Christain sense I'm afraid.

• justmom
    justmom

Hello Shel:

Praise Jah and Jaheshua!

Pslams150:6 "EVERY BREATHING thing. Let it praise Jah. Praise Jah you people."

The last few chapters of psalms refer to Jah throughout! Witnesses never get it! J is Y sound.

Religion (or been enslaved by man) served its purpose because of our being misled either by choice or not... as a child raised in religion for me personally as a JW.

Galatians 4: 1-5 "As long as the heir is a babe, he does not differ at all from a slave, lord of all things though he is, but he is under men in charge and under stewards UNTIL the day his father appointed beforehand. Likewise we also, when we were babes, continued enslaved by the elementary things belonging to the world. (The organization/religion). But when the full limit of the time arrived , God sent his Son, that he might release by purchase those under law (religion) , that we, in turn, might receive the adoption as sons."

So for me many years ago, holy spirit told me : Revelation 18:4...Get OUT of her my people, if you do not want to share with her in her sins, and if you do not want to receive part of her plagues." Her sins have massed together clear up to heaven, and God has called her acts of injustice to mind........That is why in one day her plagues will come, death and mourning and famine, and she will be completely burned with fire, because Jah, who judged her, is strong."

So for me and my family there was no choice but to leave, follow the voice of our lord and savior, and allow holy spirit to teach us all things, as it cannot lie. 1John 2:26&27

Have a great day

Kim (justmom)

• freydo
  • wobble
    wobble

Even the shortened form "Christians of Jah" is not very snappy is it ?

Would an even shorter form like "Chrijahs" (pronounced cryers) be disrespectful ?

Love

Wobble

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hello Shelby,

So I guess you are a "JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH Witness"?

I fear you are falling into the same trap as the JWs, getting hung up on a particular name. Christ has many Revelation 19:16 Revelation 22:13 Revelation 22:16 , even ones no-one knows Revelation 19:12

That said, there is one name that is above every name Philippians 2:9-10

I am quite happy with Jesus, but if you prefer to go Greek Iésous or else Hebrew ????????????

I am sure that Calvinists would say they are followers of Jesus, not John Calvin and similarly Lutherans not followers of Martin Luther but Jesus.

Blessings,

Stephen

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Hello Shelby,

Greetings, dear Stephen, and the greatest of love and peace to you!

So I guess you are a "JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH Witness"?

Well, sort of. I mean, I have the privilege of sharing in the "work of bearing witness to JahEshua." As Michael said to John, "... the bearing testimony to JahEshua is the Spirit of the prophecy." Because is by means of such Spirit, my Lord himself... that I can even bear such witness. BUT... it is not a name or a title that I should take; it is the work that I do. Acts 1:8; Revelation 19:10

I fear you are falling into the same trap as the JWs, getting hung up on a particular name.

I can understand where you might feel that way. But I did not post a name; I posted what I AM: a(n) chosen/anointed of JAH. Again, I am only to use that designation if asked. But if I am asked, just saying that I am chosen/anointed isn't sufficient. Simply being chosen or anointed means nothing: Samuel anointed Saul. Was Saul then the anointed of Samuel? Paul laid his hands on some and as a result they received holy spirit. Were such ones the anointed of Paul? Indeed, this very thing... the failure of those to say WHOSE chosen/anointed they were... caused great conflict.

The term "christian" was not given by diving providence, dear Stephen. It is only the NWT that makes that claim. The TRUTH is that the term "christian" or "chosen/anointed" was given to the Jews by the Gentiles. But the term applies to Gentiles as well... to those who also received the promised holy spirit thus manifesting THEIR choosing/anointing.

Today, many call themselves "christians." And while the FACT that they have not received the promised holy spirit SHOULD be enough to tell them that the term is inaccurate... they claim the title. And so, perhaps they are chosen... by themselves. THEY have chosen themselves to be "christians." My fellow Body members, however, did not make such choosing. We did not choose God and/or Christ: they chose us. And so, IF ASKED, we can rightly say we are a "MischaJah" or the "MischaJahim"... which in English would be "chosen/anointed of Jah." If we are asked which church we belong to, the accurate response would be that we ARE the church. If we ask what congregation we belong to, we could accurately say that we are enrolled in the Congregation of the Firstborn. All of these would be accurate... and all of them would be appropriate IF WE ARE ASKED.

But we do not need to set up an organization, institution, building of worship, denomination, visible congregation... or any other "group" that most "christians" do. Our heavenly Father knows who we are. Our Lord and Master knows who we are. WE... individually and among ourselves... know who we are. WE don't need a label; however, others do. They NEED to know how we identify ourselves... and, unfortunately, "christian" doesn't suffice.

Christ has many Revelation 19:16; Revelation 22:13, 16, even ones no-one knows Revelation 19:12

Indeed! Even WE have such other names:

17He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it. Revelation 2:17

That said, there is one name that is above every name

Yes. JahEshua MischaJah.

I am quite happy with Jesus, but if you prefer to go Greek Iesous or else Hebrew ????????

I prefer the name he gave to me himself: JahEshua (which can be pronounced "Joshua", but he pronounced it to me as "Yah eh Shua") MischaJah (which can be pronounced as "Messiah" but he pronounced to me as "Mee Shah Yah"). Since that is the name HE gave me, I think that out of LOVE, the least I can do is use it. I mean, I could call you "Steven"... but since YOU sign your name as "Stephen," I think I should use that, out of respect, if not love.

I am sure that Calvinists would say they are followers of Jesus, not John Calvin and similarly Lutherans not followers of Martin Luther but Jesus.

That really was NOT the case when these men led their respective movements. Those that followed them had absolutely NO problem saying they "followed Luther," or "followed Calvin," or whoever. They were even willing to kill for such men and their movement... in the NAME of "Christ"... who had never directed them to do any such thing.

These might say this today, but that would not be the truth: if they followed Christ, there would be no need for the label "Lutheran," or "Catholic" or "Baptist," or what have you. Some might say that those who get what I share are followers of me. That is not true or accurate, of course... and it is why those who HAVE/DO receive(d) holy spirit MUST call themselves by the name of the One who called... and chose... them: JAH. By clarifying that they are the chosen of JAH... or the MischaJahim... they do just that. They are using both the name of God (JAH)... and the name of Christ (JAHeShua). There is no "Shel" or "Shelby" or "SA"... or any OTHER name... involved. And that is how it should be.

When the Most Holy One of Israel said, "You are my witnesses," that was for Israel BEFORE Christ came. When my Lord came, gave his life, died, and was resurrected, he said, "ALL AUTHORITY... has been given ME." So that if we are to be ANYONE'S "witness"... it is of That One... just as Michael told John.

Blessings,

May the Most Holy One of Israel, whose name is JAH of Armies... bless you, as well!

YOUR servant and a slave of JahEshua MischaJah, the only FAITHFUL Witness of JAH (Revelation 1:5), for all others are witnesses... of him, the Son,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit