How many on this board are multi-millionaires?

by worldtraveller 70 Replies latest jw friends

• asilentone
    asilentone

awildflower, is he spoiling you?

• awildflower
    awildflower

Not yet!

• ballistic
    ballistic

I didn't get where I am today by spilling my guts on internet boards. Now where's that bloody cardboard box I was living in last night. Damn.

• Brocephus
    Brocephus

If you are a hot and promiscious woman within 50 miles of my apartment... yes

If you are wanting to borrow money for starting your ebay store... no

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

household income distribution:

U.S. Income Distribution

As you can see from the above chart, only 17.8% of all U.S. households make more than $118,200 a year. Only 2.67% make more than $200,000. The fact that only 34% make more than $65,000 is astounding given how expensive other cost of living items have gotten over the past decade. That is why the middle class is feeling squeezed from all different sides.

What is even more fascinating, is how even amongst the super wealthy income is not distributed evenly. There are approximately 146,000 (0.1%) households with incomes exceeding $1,500,000 a year. Even at that, the top 0.01% of households had incomes of $5,500,000 and accounted for 11,000 households. The 400 highest tax payers in the nation brought in a stunning $87,000,000 a year. Now that is wealth.

For us mere mortals, it is important again to focus on that chart. $46,000 does not go a long way. In a recent Census report there are 110,000,000 households in the United States. What this data tells us is that 55,000,000 households are living on $46,000 or less a year.

• Mary
    Mary

I'll be a multi-millionaire after I win the $50 million on the Lotto Max tonight!!

• Simon
    Simon

You can see how rich you are here: http://www.globalrichlist.com/index.php

Even if you don't think you're doing that well, chances are you are WAY richer than most people on the planet.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Doesn't matter how rich you are. The bottom's falling out.

All the millionaires have already left! Seriously.

The Strange Disappearance of 100,000 American Millionaires

Last year, the number of American millionaires fell by 100,000. Yet 200,000 new millionaires showed up overseas. Why? Because hugely profitable investments are being hidden from you by a cartel of lawyers, regulators and Wall Street special interests.
  • GromitSK
    GromitSK

It sounds like I'm kind of infering that, but that's not the case

You'd be implying it. Unless you don't know how much you earn

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Sammieswife"

"only 17.8% of all U.S. households make more than $118,200 a year."

Thats interesting. I'm Canadian. Have always wondered that. In Canada, depending what province you live in, you make lots more that than, OR

you make lots less.

Yet, we all survive.

I live in a place where incomes are high, but so are expenses. Odd.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit