How the WTS hides its cash.....you may find this interesting

by God_Delusion 62 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

If they hide a lot of the money they can't be sued for it..

I thought that was the reason they split into different corporations in the first place?

And trust me, there is always a paper trail if the company/bank is doing it legally.

If you do reasearch and keep hitting a brick wall..it isn't legal. Not really. Just trying to throw someone off the track and hope they get tired and move on.

Snoozy..a ex banker.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

lingno ... Be patient..someone has that info but they may not be on here right now. In the mean time maybe you could do a search on it?

I just did a search on here and there is a lot of info there.

Go to search at the top of the page and enter: watchtower sold

You will get all kinds of links.

Snoozy..who waits for no one..lol

• lingno2
    lingno2

thanks snoozy.

that reminds me the fruitage H.S.

• lingno2
    lingno2

i guess nobody has it.

• lingno2
    lingno2

WELL TILL NOW NOBODY HAS IT.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

MadSweeney, I very much doubt that a group of men who 'vote' on policy instead of checking the bible, who allowed the Malawians to suffer while allowing the Mexican brothers to simply bribe government officials to claim they'd SERVED in the army, who have the flagrant hypocrisy to print that article in the July 2009 Awake and then continue to reinforce the practice of 'shunning', would remain naive about where the money is going in the 'cash cow'...

The current GB is not comprised of the same people who did those things, Zid. Barber and Jaracz are the only old timers left, and Barber can't even wipe his own drool anymore. They don't write the articles for the magazines and it seems obvious that much of their decision-making over the last decade or more comes from the corporate side of things, not the religious side.

It wouldn't surprise me if some of the GB members know where the money goes but I seriously doubt it is something the entire group deals with. They have been effectively marginalized and neither the rank and file, nor most of the general public seem to know it.

• blondie
  • Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Well, if he’s dead, of course Barber can’t wipe his own drool anymore, LOL!

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower
    I don't think it would be all that easy. It would require alot of collusion. Just at the KH level there are 2 people required to collect the money and all of it is noted on receipts (with separate copies that have to be given to the secretary), and those receipts get double-checked when the accounts are auditted.

If the R&F elders and MS follow WT procedure it would not be easy. I have written about this previously. I was secretary in a congo where the MS accounts servant was siphoning off part of the cash donations when he opened the boxes. Because the BOE was so lax about making sure a second person was there when the box was opened, it was easy for him. When I came to the congo and was (finally) reappointed as an elder....I started doing the audits...everyone else hated doing them...

I did most of the audits during my time as secretary and there are tell tale signs, patterns if you will, when money goes missing...even cash. I started watching the kid (MS accounts servant) when he opened boxes...noticed the lack of a second person...second person only there during counting...

..when I brought this up, I was told "dont you trust him?" I said.... "Trust but verify....protects everyone from reproach". Questions were asked, the kid fessed up to taking cash for short term loans then returning the cash to the box when no one was looking...covering his personal bills..... which ironically was how I noticed the problem....in the audit I kept noticing past due charges on utility bills...and other bills being paid late.....

red flags...

I also knew the elder who was accounts overseer for the circuit..... one day I walked into his secular work office...noticed bookwork from the previous assembly on his desk...I asked him what was up...he said he was auditing the books.....hmmmmm...he is the overseer, collects the cash (along with the PO of his own congo).....and audits his own records..... bad idea....

..esp when his wife was stealing money from people she worked for secularly (I verified this from someone she stole from..they didnt press charges)....

anyway...at least at the local level....where there is a will, there is a way...

Snakes (Rich ...)

• Alfred
    Alfred

A missionary/CO mentioned in James Penton's "Apocalypse Delayed" and in Ray's COC told me how the big boys in Brooklyn would have him make frequent trips between NY and Barcelona (or Madrid?) in the late 70's and he would have to hand carry large amounts of cash (mostly from assembly contributions) and hand these over to someone in a Bethel accounting office... this was illegal and the Bethel brass knew it... but they justified it as "theocratic warfare" since there was some light persecution of JWs in Spain during that time...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit