Let slip the dogs of war...

by sd-7 22 Replies latest jw friends

• sd-7
    sd-7

The calm before Session 2 of Borg Court is a chilling one. Quietly, our units go about their duties, but deep down, they're wondering: can we match swords with the very powers-that-be? We are fighting against Mount Olympus itself, the elders, the organization--with our beloved wife and child looking on. The stakes could never be higher.

My wife gave me a hug today. That's the closest to romance we've gotten in two weeks. I was totally surprised by it. Maybe she appreciated my accompanying her to the meeting last night. If I had time, I'd tell you all about how unbelievable that stuff was.

The 'Bible Study' concluded the uh, "Keep Yourselves From Getting DF'd" book. I noticed that, in the final subheading of the whole book, Satan is mentioned 7 times and Jesus is mentioned 5 times. Wow. The greatest quote I've ever read, the closest thing to emulating Big Brother in '1984' is on page 205 in that book. "The path to freedom lies in obedience," it said. SLAVERY IS FREEDOM. Orwell would be proud. Or at least amazed at how thoroughly someone can emulate his books without consciously trying to.

The Bible highlights--Judges 19. So, here's the deal. An Israelite goes to Gibeah, a Benjamite city, to stay the night 'cause he doesn't want to go to a city of the nations, a Jebusite city. So he finds a house to stay in, in Gibeah. Then, the men of Gibeah come to the guy's house, demanding that he be brought out so they can engage in some serious gay gang-banging. Instead, the guy's concubine is sent out, and they gang-bang her until she dies. Then she gets chopped into pieces and sent to the other tribes of Israel by Overnight Atrocity Mail--I'm sure they had that service back then. Civil war erupts, and the tribe of Benjamin is nearly wiped out.

The moral of the story, as told at the meeting, was that these men of Gibeah had been associating with the nations and that's why they did what they did. Therefore, don't associate with non-JWs or you'll end up in a gay gang-raping frenzy, too.

Listen...the context indicates that there were ONLY ISRAELITES in Gibeah. The man specifically wanted to AVOID the foreigners. He must have reasoned, surely we'll be safer amongst Jehovah's people, in Jehovah's organization. Right? Wrong. The nations didn't gang-rape his concubine. Israelites did. They chose that. Just like the Israelites chose to bow down to a calf in the wilderness, and Aaron, the chief representative of Jehovah's organization, built it for them and even organized a festival. Guess them organizational skills came in handy.

Clearly, it is another example of twisting the scriptures to fit organizational ideas of self-righteousness. The Law was put in place and given, not to or for the sake of the nations, but to ISRAEL. The Israelites were not more righteous than the nations or else they wouldn't have needed a law that extensive to guide them. In the same way, Jehovah's Witnesses are not in themselves more righteous than non-Witnesses--or else they wouldn't need Questions From Readers or Young People Ask or Keep Yourselves in God's Love to guide their every decision in life. If you're really that righteous, you don't need ten thousand laws to guide your every move. You just need some basic guidelines at most. Unbelievable arrogance.

The topping off point was the speaker mentioning that there was "documented proof" that "this is God's organization". I've examined many a document, bro, and all I've found is a bunch of lunatics and their crazy chronologies. You would think that God made the Society a big, bright certificate that said CERTIFIED AS JEHOVAH'S ORGANIZATION ALONE AMONGST MEN.

And the Memorial invitations...seeing Jesus on the invite made me feel like he was just being used as an advertising gimmick, like "Einstein Loves Khakis" or something. Why would anyone want to come there and watch people pass bread and wine they're told they can't even eat or drink? Jesus offered his body and blood for us all. Why would he then say that only 144,000 people in all of human history should partake of these symbols? Oh, right. He didn't.

The song about the "Myriads of Brothers" in the "earthly courtyard" of the temple--(sigh). The word used in reference to where the great crowd is serving means the temple SANCTUARY. Earth could never be the temple sanctuary if the temple itself is in HEAVEN. Just a thought.

Well...still, I felt afraid, started to wonder if my criticism of 1914 was really right. I suppose one can't convince hard-core elders--and yeah, I'm dealing with hard-core types, I think--of something like that anyway. I realized that I don't have to. The "faithful slave" doctrine is all that is necessary. The "slave" built the superstructure of this religion. They are its architects. Prove that they are incompetent builders, and the structure is condemned. Good enough for me.

People are still trying to love bomb me even at this late hour. I'm probably going to be snubbed in mere minutes, so why are you trying to give me a hug? Wouldn't be surprised if you haven't already gotten a blow-by-blow of the 1st session of my hearing from your elder husband. ...

I try not to feel hatred, but it's like...a neverending well of hate remains inside me. I mean...finding out about so much the Governing Body has done to these people, and they just gobble it all up without even thinking...I know I was like that too...but I was never truly like that. It's just hard to stomach, you know? My daughter threw up after the meeting. I can't blame her. Surprised she kept it down that long.

Well, it's almost time for the 2nd session. 5.5 hours away. No turning back. No backing down. This is the end. And the beginning. Wish me favorable probabilities, folks. I'll let you know how it goes.

--Christopher

• zoiks
    zoiks

I will be thinking of you this evening. You know what is at stake, what the score is, and you are at least as prepared as anyone can be.
    A couple of things to keep in mind: first, you will not convince the elders of anything except the need to DF you ASAP. However, any small seed of truth that you can plant is a victory.
    Second, I urge you to try to rise above any feelings of hatred that you may have. Hate destroys. You are intelligent, sincere, and obviously sensitive. Use your good qualities and cultivate them.
    You will be ok. Be strong. Let us know if you need anything.

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

Christopher, hang in there. I can feel your resentment and desperatation not for yourself, but for what you are being pulled and pushed through. The bullshit of this organization is deep, warm, and stinky. Sorry you are in the middle of the poo man, really sorry.

• bohm
    bohm

SD-7. I am really stunned by your experience and really wish the best for you, i just dont know what to say and perhaps there is nothing i can really say :-(. I dont have any idea what awaits you at your 'trial', but your story, especially the way you spoke to the elders the last time, reminds me of this: http://www.towerwatch.com/Testimonies/judicial_committee_meeting.htm .

I think the only advice i can give you is this: If you feel you are under to much preasure, go to the toilet and splash water in your face and think things through.

i hope the best for you man....

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Good luck sd-7.....I am sure that you will conduct yourself well

• sd-7
    sd-7

Zoiks, you're right. It's not like they're all going to simultaneously say, my gosh, you're right. I guess...I just don't want to sound like an idiot who's been duped by shaky argumentation of 'opposers' and the like. But I guess it doesn't matter much. The 1st session probably pushed me pretty close to DF'ing anyway, so...I probably won't have to do much to solidify that. Better that way, so I won't get hounded for not recruiting more people if I got 'reproved' instead.

It's...a sense of horror that something like this is really happening to me. I mean, am I really in a cult? Was I really in a cult my whole life? Did I just marry someone who is a cult follower without so much as a moment's real hesitation? What have I done? My family...

I can't believe I'm going to leave them in this. I can't believe my wife didn't believe a word I said. I thought I had my emotions together and they seem to be unraveling a bit today. I just feel sad that this is happening. I had a whole life opening up in front of me and I threw it all away.

I'm starting to lose my grip. I just...maybe I'm wondering if there is a way to accept all of this crud and embrace the organization. If there was such a way, I'd like to find it. But there's just nothing left in me that has any feelings at all for this religion save a desire to strangle the life out of it, chop off its limbs and feed it to itself. ...

I'll be fine. It's not like I'm going to hurt anyone. I just...wanted to let you all know how I'm feeling in these final moments. Take care.

--Christopher

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    "Keep Yourselves From Getting DF'd" book

I like that.

The greatest quote I've ever read, the closest thing to emulating Big Brother in '1984' is on page 205 in that book. "The path to freedom lies in obedience," it said.

SD-7, you are on a roll. It would have read better if they put "or else" in there, but you have to work with what they give you.

...these men of Gibeah...

That shows you how even the conductor isn't paying much attention to the logic flaws. I am sure he didn't even slow down to think of how the scripture demonstrated that women are just property and that giving your woman to people to gang rape was okay back then, as long as the man was safe.

I look forward to your report. I know you said you would go to the meetings with your wife for her sake. Still, whatever you do, you will have a new freedom that she doesn't have. Strength to you.

• Losteverything
    Losteverything

I know this is going to be one of the hardest things you've ever had to deal with. You won't be able to get through to them so please don't waste your breathe. Just stay high above them and focus on you and your families happiness. Ignore all of the uncalled for things that may come out of their mouths tonight. Please TRUST me with everything I say. Me and everyone here are your support.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I've been avidly reading all of your posts as you're going through this difficult time and I really feel for you. You're getting some really great advice from a lot of people here and I really have nothing to add except to remember that you can't unlearn what you've learned. Saying true to yourself is the only strength you have right now and I sincerely hope that somehow everything goes well for you tonight. Be strong when you need to be and silent when that strengthens your position. You know all of the tricks that will come your way so there's no reason to lose your cool or respond from an emotional place. Save your emotions for your family. You can do this, Chris!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Hang in there, brother. Remember how Jesus dealt with his false accusers. He is The Way.

We're all with you in spirit. Feel it? We're with you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit