Ouchy ouch ouch!!

by BorgHater 19 Replies latest jw friends

• BorgHater
    BorgHater

I went to the dentist today, fearing i had a mouth infection and expecting to be given a prescription for antiobiotics and sent on my way...but noooo, the dentist says one of my wisdom teeth is rotten and PULLS IT OUT right there and then! He said i was very calm and did well but I feel like somone's hit me in the face with a hammer. Have any of you had a wisdom tooth out? I feel very sorry for myself

BorgHater x

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yup... had two of mine removed years ago. It does hurt for about a week... then you'll be ok. Just suck it up and you'll be ok.

In the end, I'm much better off without my wisdom teeth.

• linp24
    linp24

Yes.

Had all of them out at one time. Doc sent me home with great painkillers which took me to an "earthly paradise." I slept for hours. You rest...let family take care of you. Pain will subside. You'l feel better soon.

• BorgHater
    BorgHater

Thanks Elsewhere and linp24 Yeah, i'm just having a nice relaxing day.

BorgHater xxx

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I had the wisdom teeth out when I was in my 20's. The dentist admitted that he needed to pull all 4 at the same time because it would be so painful that I wouldn't want to come back for the others. I don't remember it clearly, but I woke up during the procedure and yelled so loud from pain that people in the waiting room left.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

My wisdom teeth grew in painlessly. Only now are they needing fillings because they are hard to keep clean. I will probably have them out eventually. Ugh. Stay doped and happy. W.Once

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I've had three out. I have another one that will have to come out at some point, but it isn't giving me any problems at the moment. I'm going to put it off as long as possible.

• BorgHater
    BorgHater

OnTheWayOut - omg how awful, i bet that's put you off going to the dentist for the rest of your life!!

Wasanelder Once - Yeah, they are a bugger to keep clean - my top right one was growing at a really odd angle so i couldn't get to it properly to clean it - that's why it had to be removed.

Keyser soze - 3? *shudders at the thought*

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Keyser soze - 3? *shudders at the thought*

It really didn't hurt much from what I remember. I was heavily doped because I was having another procedure done at the time. I don't recall being very sore afterwards.

• nugget
    nugget

I had all four out in hospital as my mouth is too small for them. As a diabetic they give you what is called a sliding scale one drip gives you glucose the other insulin during the operation. They also knock you out completely which was great. The only problem I had was that they left the glucose drip in and took the insulin away. My blood sugar rose to over 24 (normal range 4 to 6) and the nurses wouldn't take it out without doctors say so. I felt dreadful but at least it distracted from the gaping holes in my gums.

Although it was bad at the time it is so much better now. It is worth it in the long run.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit