Another bit of unexplainable hypocrisy

by Mad Sweeney 20 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Around the world the actions can vary.. Am I right in saying that in the U S A in is the hand on heart stance that is considered flag salute, while merely standing is something else?

In the U K , J W's will not stand up for the National Anthem . They view it as an act of subservience to The Queen and the words of the anthem constitute a prayer for the Monarch and her rule (if you know the words, that is) In the old days when it was played at all theatre and cinema performances it used to be a game to make a sharp exit before they closed the show with it !

Personally I could never see the issue. As Mad Sweeney said, I saw it as simple respect for the State, which Apostle Paul told us to have in The Bible. It is correct to say that J W's have no problem showing such respect for a Court house . I also noticed when I went to International football that the crowd stood up for the anthem of both nations, as respect to the visiting team. Nobody could claim that it was subservience to the foreign country...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit