Congregation Bible Study Book

by dig692 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

i think it is the divine plan of the ages by ct russell.its time to get back to basics-friends?

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    its the "follow me" book, the new one about Jesus,

Did that one replace the "Greatest Man" book? I remember going through that wretched book a couple of times.

• Hortenzie
    Hortenzie

Blondie, thanks for the clarification! Sometimes,out of curiosity, I go the the Sunday meeting but never to the mid-week ones. So I didn't know about that change...

• teel
    teel

"Book Study" sounded too cultish, so they changed it to "Bible Study". You can guess that the Bible is just as used as at any other "Bible study"... that is to say hardly at all. "Book study" at least was the proper name.

• Think About It
    Think About It

"Book Study" sounded too cultish, so they changed it to "Bible Study". You can guess that the Bible is just as used as at any other "Bible study"... that is to say hardly at all. "Book study" at least was the proper name.

I felt I did a great job at making it a Bible study with the current book just used as an outline. Also gave Jesus his proper emphasis and respect. The GB and F&DS got very, very little mention by me. I thought all the over mentioning of them by people was weird.

Think About It

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Rubbish, there is nothing in either narrative to suggest it was a figurative or symbolic tree, or a parable.

The timing is different in the narratives, which indicates that at least one of the narratives is bollocks. I don't believe either of them.

He was of course referring to manufacturers of all dairy products.

• bulgogiboy
    bulgogiboy

"They'll be reading about Jesus, but they won't be LIVING like Jesus. I'm still in the process of DA and everyone around me is acting very un-jesus like" - This depends on whether or not you subscribe to the mainstream portrayal of Jesus as meek and mild, understanding of people, unselfish,etc. I don't subscribe to this view at all. I think from what you can read of him in the gospels (for all the accuracy they have ) that he was a driven man, caught up in himself and his mission, with very little time to listen to people. He liked to talk and not listen. Sounds like a jw to me .

• bulgogiboy
    bulgogiboy

I dont know what happened to that last post. I copied a character I shouldnt have(that little black '0' in the top left hand corner, and it made my post all funny. Thanks Jesus, you malicious tantrum-thrower!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Their "Jesus" is nothing more than a proxy for the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger. They depict Jesus as being exactly like the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger, except never making a mistake. Their "Jesus" told people what to do, and the people were to do it.

This is nothing like the real Jesus. The real Jesus actually wanted people to learn to think for themselves. Jesus would teach by example and by illustrations designed to get people to think for themselves, and then they would teach others to think for themselves. He would be very lenient with "sinners"--the "sins" themselves did not bother Jesus as much as the stagnation that created the problems leading to the "sins". Rather, he was extremely strict against people that wished to prevent others from thinking for themselves--like the Washtowel Babble and Crap Slaveholdery. You will not find one word in that book that hints that Jesus wants you to think for yourself--rather, you will find their "Jesus" that wants everything you do to be what he (through the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger) tells you to.

I have realized that Jesus' real "think for yourself" intent is actually exactly like that of Satan. Satan wants people to do their own thinking, too--both tried to set mankind free from a guilt-inducing God. Satan was debased by Jehovah for trying, while Jesus died trying and had his message twisted to prevent others from actually benefiting from it.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

The revelation book?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit