Elders wife says being upset with pedophiles in the hall being the same as having to eat sauerkraut and wieners.

by life is to short 45 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

Tell her that you've seen the pedophiles eyeing her children/grandchildren/studies' children/whatever will hit her the hardest...

If the pedophiles have been in your congregation for a while, you can say that you saw it months/years ago....

And then add the kicker: "But I didn't mention it to you before, because I thought it was just an inconvenience, too..."

Then bat your eyelashes at her.... Zid

• garyneal
    garyneal
    All of this is so crazy. If I did not experience it for myself I would not believe it. If I were reading this thread I would think that LITS was adding to the picture. Sometimes I think I am. It so totally insane.

Yep, that is right in line with how my wife reacted to me telling her Jamie Bowers' story she published on freeminds.org. It's a shame that my wife can truly think this way and it makes me wonder how my wife would react if she heard that something crazy like that was going on at the church I am currently attending. I would bet money that my wife would be trying very hard to get my daughter away from my church if that were the case but since it is the vaunted Jehovah's Witnesses, the happiest and most righteous people on God's green earth (at least in her mind), these stories are one sided and there is something more to it that it not being said.

Good for you to take a stand like this on this important issue. I truly wish the WTS can be exposed to this to the extent that the Catholic church was exposed.

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

After all the facts are presented, people will still believe what they WANT to believe. It is apparent that this woman that sent you the letter about the Wieners and Sauerkraut simply WANTS to ignore the problem, claiming it is simply and inconvenience. What will they all do AFTER another child is abused? Will they still ignore the problem? Their reaction will most likely be, "It's not my problem, so I'm staying out of it, we should let the Elders handle it." And that's the basic issue, no one wants to get involved because they believe they can ignore the problem, it's simply not their problem to deal with. It's inconvenient to deal with it. In the ancient days of Israel, these two guys would have been publicly stoned to death for this atrocity, I think we should go back to those days and execute justice in this fashion.

So what happens when it's too late? The only victims here will be the children....again.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Thanks for everyones response to this. I have been sick for a few days and working.

OK I just wrote a letter to the elders wife, she is young only 30 years old. I think she is scarred about the fact that these child molesters could reoffend and she knows that the brothers at Bethel will leave her husband out to dry. She has seen the really bad pedophile if there is such a thing as a really bad child rapist harass me at the meetings. And she has told her husband who's father is the PO and they both blew it off.

So I told her that I did not understand what the Readers Digest story had to do with the pain of being molested. I told her how the level 3 child molester was studying with a boy the age of 9 all with the elders blessing. How the law in our state says that all of the neighbors of this man must be told that he is a child molester yet no one in the hall can know? I said somehow that just seems wrong. I told her how this child molester was holding the boys little sister who was only 2 years old at the time and taking her outside alone and into the back room alone. I said but the elder attorney felt it was OK because the child molester said he did not really do the crime he just took the rap to save his son from going to prison. I then told her how I was molested myself and one of the man who molested me when I confronted him three years ago said I was lying. I asked her why I would as a child of 9 years of age make up such a story of a man in is 30's fonding me. I said who is telling the truth the child or the rapist?

I now feel kind of bad now sending the letter. Why? I know because she is brain dead just like most JW's and I feel so sorry for her in a way. She is just like I was or no she is not because when I saw bad I stood up and realized that this was wrong and then I looked at the other parts of the religion that were wrong and I realized that I had been lied to and she has not done that but instead has tried to look the other way. YOU HAVE TO STAND UP TO EVIL and say NO.

So why do I feel so horrible sending her that letter?

I do not know. LITS

• garyneal
    garyneal
    So why do I feel so horrible sending her that letter?

All I can say to this part is that in some way I can relate. In spite of my feelings to the organization, there are times when I feel bad for even bringing up issues with their doctrines with my wife. A part of me really wants her to have this religion since it makes her so happy and there are times when I wish I could just do it with her. But, sometimes you got to stand up for right. It hurts me because I know it is hurting her.

Not sure if this is similar to how you feel about sending that letter.

• life is to short
    life is to short

garyneal

I think you are right. One of my favorite sayings is evil prevails when good people do nothing. That is what this sister is doing. She knows that the pedophiles were following children into the bathroom and she told me she went to her elder husband and he blew it off. So she dropped it. I also remember her telling me of her sister who is an elders wife in Illinois and how the elders in a hall there reinstated a child molester who within weeks was caught in his car in the KH parking lot molesting another child! Her sister told her half the hall left the "truth" over it.

So this woman knows and she has chosen to just look the other way.

If evil prevails when good people do nothing they are the good people really good? How can you be a good and kind person when you know evil is going on and you could at the very least raise your voice to say NO!

It is just hard because these people are so brain washed. It is hard not to feel sorry for them but that may be also because I am married to one of the brain washed member and I still really love him.

Life is too short for it to be this hard. I hate this religion because it steals you life.

LITS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit