metal health problems in the organisation

by looloo 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• designs
    designs

If you are a little prone to depression sitting and hearing or reading about the end of the world and filtering every event through that scenario can really get you down. When the only attaboys you get are for going out in service and telling more people about the end of the world........well, that kind of indoctrination takes some time to shake off.

Charitable work, helping others and helping in environmental causes sure helps.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Charitable work, helping others and helping in environmental causes sure helps.

designs, this is a key ingredient missing with JWs. They are told not to get involved in any of these things... that their time is better spent handing out magazines that usually don't get read and end up in the trash. My Father has been a baptized JW for over 24 years and has never had a study or brought anyone into the organization. That can't be very affirming (at least, from their viewpoint).

My parents became so 'disabled' in their thinking, that they stopped doing things that they used to do. The things that needed to be done to maintain the farm literally stopped being done because my Dad started pioneering.

It is when we put together a plan of action and then execute this plan, that we feel better in life. Actually helping someone has far more benefits than being rejected time and again at householders' doors because your beliefs are obviously nuts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit