Is it my imagination or is there more Apostasy about?

by freddo 26 Replies latest jw friends

• freddo
    freddo

Here in the UK over the last couple of years I hear more about people leaving/being removed due to apostasy? Do you think this is true or is it because my radar is up and listening?

How about where you are?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Do you mean that more folks are waking up? Yeah that could be it.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Yup. They are losing members daily.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

i think there is more exposure do to internet and being able to buy books without going into a book store.... I hope it continues I want them all to wake up!!

• awildflower
    awildflower

Why don't we start calling the active JW's the apostates instead of ourselves? I don't consider myself an "apostate" and I know what the definition is. But they are "apostates" from mankind! Just a thought.

• yknot
    yknot

Yes apostasy by WTS legal terms is growing......but it hasn't overtaken 'immorality' in DFing.

In many ways it should be expected, afterall the premise continues to lose credibility with each passing year/decade. I know they are wanting to stem 2014 but there are many who are secretly holding out until that year.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

more and more and more and more to come

they are very afraid..... you can see it in the tone of all their pubs and they are trying to threaten all with demands!

they are hiding this info, but you can see it. even in the changes to the song book!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

ya i like that THEY are the apostates!!!!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

It's just your radar.

• Gayle
    Gayle

The Watchtower seems to mention issue about their "apostates" much more. The WT even mentions the Catholic Church much less and hardly ever talk about the U.N. as the "scarlet-colored wild beast" any more. Their #1 enemy are their ex-members on the Internet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit