Invisible Presence! Or COMING? Which?

by wannabe 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Finger
    The Finger

I spoke to the elders in the local congregation after writing to the Wt. I showed them Matt. 24:26-27 and asked if it was likely that Christ had chosen Pastor Russell when he had proclaimed Christ's invisible presence as starting in 1874. (Jehovah's Witnesses in the Divine Purpose 1959 Page 18/23) Which they now know is false according to their chronology. In the preceding verses "look! Here is the Christ, or, There! do not believe it," This sounds like what Pastor Russell had done. The verse then says ".. so as to mislead if possible, even the chosen ones." and he did want other christians to proclaim this false presence as well. Having seen once the invisible presence and being mistaken and now with the new understanding, realizing that Matt 24:30 was in the future and having proclaimed that this too had been seen with the eyes of faith when in fact it hadn't. Is it possible that they could be totally mistaken on the whole of Matthew 24. The Society never answered my letter and the Elders said it wasn't important. This teaching has led to millions of people who claim christianity but are not in the new covenant and some who may have lost faith in Christ altogether as dates have come and gone with no end in sight.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit