Which Websites Helped You Leave the WT?

by FreudianSlip 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

i started on facebook but got nervous about what JW's could see... this site has helped a lot. I like how for the most part we are not angry just trying to heal... not to say i don't get angry but you know what I mean... when i was a jw i thought all those that left were miserable now i see they are the miserable ones

• Caedes
    Caedes

This one really helped me!

http://www.400monkeys.com/God/

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

Without doubt, JWfacts opened my eyes to the things I always thought were a bit fishy....and then this site as well. I remember feeling so bad, so guilty looking at the sites, but now they make me happy, and proud, and stronger. The truth really DID set me free.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I started out with Robert King's e-watchman site. It seemed palatable at the time because he nominally still supported JW doctrine while exposing what he perceived as errors. From there, his discussion board where there are many nice and intelligent people, not all of whom buy into the beliefs posited in his book. It was instrumental because I wasn't ready to oppose the borg at the time and his site claims to be pro-JW.

But it's mostly hokum.

So, if one is truly ready to investigate the truth sites like his aren't necessary. Just go to www.jwfacts.com for the nitty gritty details and to freeminds for the experiences. And of course, come here.

• JeffT
    JeffT

The Seattle Public Library. When I left Al Gore had not yet invented the internet.

• dissed
    dissed

The Web was not really cooking when we left in 1996. But as you know, you may have left the WT but it really never let's you go.

Its been said many times here about the WT's version of the 'Hotel California', "you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

It was only after many years of still questioning that I found Freeminds with a link to JWN. And I only found those doing a search for a JW thought I was looking for on the Web.

So yes, I left the WT 13 years ago, but it was only 5 months ago after discoverying these sites, did we finally, really let the WT go.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit