Which Websites Helped You Leave the WT?

by FreudianSlip 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

The website that finally opened my eyes to the WT's lies was this one: http://www.towerwatch.com/Testimonies/judicial_committee_meeting.htm

It is an EXCELLENT read. I even wrote to the guy, James Caputo, to show appreciation for his courage to post his story on the WWW all those years ago when there weren't yet a ton of ex-JW sites. He's brilliant. This site laid the foundation for my exit. I practically owe him my life!

I think if anyone has a doubting family member, this would be a great read for them.

• snowbird
    snowbird

All of them!

I'm a speed reader, so I went through them like wildfire!

Sylvia

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Mine was Freeminds which led me here..I was having some extreme problems with the WT doctrine and just refused to go anymore..I was looking for support and then I found the two sites mentioned..

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I had already mentally left, really before I ventured into the "dark world" of websites...but without doubt the most useful and reassuring website was THIS ONE ! ..in its previous incarnation of JWD.

Thank you Simon

• darthfader
    darthfader

This one! And Freeminds.

Quite honestly I checked out a long time ago, but I was riddled with guilt. My wife was 10x my guilty feelings-- of course she's a professional ScapeGoat. We both were "Released from our burdens" by getting real information and cross-checking it with sources. I have to give credit to people like Mary, Blondie, Narkissos, Leolaia, TD, Isaac Austin, Chalam, (of course) Simon, and many othes who contribute an encyclopedias woth of information here.

Darth Fader

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

This site and http://www.watchtowernews.org/ have been eye-openers.

• goldensky
    goldensky

Without a doubt, jwfacts. Exactly due food at the proper time. After a few weeks there, I was ready to meet you guys. Coming across this site first wouldn't have made the trick, but now I can't leave you for a whole day without craving for my computer.

Thanks for the link, Freudianslip. I'll be interested to look into it when I have a few spare minutes. I just began and it was hard to stop reading, but I don't have the time right now.

• wobble
    wobble

The first site I discovered was Greg Stafford's Elihu Books, I was so pleased to find someone else who realised that the 607/1914 thing was a crock of brown smelly stuff.

He pointed out that argue about King lists, and missing twenty years all you want, 2520 years is just NOT in Daniel, the fulfillment is at the end of Chap.4 where the 7 times are mentioned. End of.

I then went on to learn that he was still aJW apologist of sorts, and I disagreed with a lot of what he said, it was a short step to JWD, where my mind was opened up slowly, and from there to freeminds and JW facts etc.

JWD/JWN is still the BEST . No disrespect to F'minds or JWF etc. but for me this site has everything, great thinkers, and Outlaw, people with a sophisticated sense of humour, and Outlaw,people who are educated, and Outlaw,people who will give you sincere support, and Outlaw, and finally this site has .....OUTLAW !!!

Love

Wobble

• Heaven
    Heaven

Well, I wasn't in but wanted to know if things were any different with them since I had studied in my childhood. The Internet not only confirmed that my suspicions from childhood were true and still ongoing but it exposed a lot more about the WTS/JWs than I had ever known.

www.jwfacts.com and www.bible.ca/jw.htm were 2 sites I used. They show a lot of information about their beliefs over time and the hypocrisy of it all.

www.youtube.com has some great videos including Lady Lee's and Rick Fearon's.

Thank you to everyone who has had the courage to stand up and help inform those of us who have to struggle with the yoke placed upon us by this cult.

• chigaimasmaro
    chigaimasmaro

Even though I found it after i decided to start fading from the jw's the website www.jwfacts.com was a great site, i think its one of the most objective places on te internet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit